Sciatic Pain

Frankie

Reaction score
Anyone know how to shift it?

I cant get out of my work seat because its painful

i wish i did.. :( sorry i can't help you...
but i hope you start getting more comfortable!

:hugs:

Reckon il just have to sit it out or hop a taxi back from work!!!

Had this a while ago - it was awful!

I went for a deep tissue massage with a chiropractor, and then rested for a couple of days. Best was putting a hot water bottle on the bit that hurt, then ten minutes later an ice pack (frozen peas!) for ten minutes, then alternating them for a few hours. Helped to ease it up alot

hope you feel better soon

kate

The hospital told me the only thing you can do in pregnancy is stick it out really & take the 1 & only paracetamol! There answer to everything!
You can ask to be referred to like a physio or something.. the hospital referred me at 12weeks as i could hardly walk & have still heard nothing. Although my GP did tell me that there can be upto a years wait which is useful!
You just have to relax & not stand for long periods but at the same time refain from sitting in the same postition for to long.
Mine started when i was 12 weeks, & i was signed off work for 3/4 weeks. By this time it totally disappeard..although unfortunatly it has just came back!
So even if it does go off, keep your fingers crossed it doesnt return! xxx

hey im having physio at the min, it is so painfull i cant work anymore because it got that bad. they told me not to sit up for long periods at a time. gud luck hun hope it dont get worse.
x x x

yeh i started getting at 12 weeks and it sooo annoying...i havent done much for it but just kinda tried to ignore it..and i constantly changed positions when i sat or wet to sleep...its soo annoying i mite ask my midwife this week if there is anything else i could do..coz its staring to be annoying...im 18 wees now..i cant image how much worst its gonna get when i start to get bigger....

well i had to get my dad to pick me up as i couldnt walk, a bath didnt ease it up and i had to pee standing up (tmi) my sister has a small support belt for me so im going to try that for a couple of days, ive not mastered picking up stuff with my right foot as i cant bend on the left

I got told you just have to grin and bare it too, keep thinking by 30 weeks its gna be AGONY!! my whole back and legs cramp up too and OH has to carry me places like to pee :( its horrible, hope it gets better soon. xx

I got told you just have to grin and bare it too, keep thinking by 30 weeks its gna be AGONY!! my whole back and legs cramp up too and OH has to carry me places like to pee :( its horrible, hope it gets better soon. xx

Grin and bare it thats awful! im dreading getting bigger

will you be asking your midwife for help?

I didn't think there was any help they could give me? I just assumed it was really bad cause of pregnancy, i fractured my coxyx bone a couple of yrs ago which doesnt help as well i feel like the tin man from wizard of OZ. lol If it gets extremely bad i will tell midwife but i tend to just let these things happen our bodies are under alot more strain with bump changing our posture and balance and things too. Not too sure.

Im also suffering at the moment, it seems to definitely get worse after long periods of inactivity and standing for too long. Getting up in the mornings is an absolute nightmare, that is if i have managed to have a good nights sleep. I find it incredibly painful to turn over at night and end up clutching the side of the matress to pull myself over. I have also just been dealing with it by trying not to over exerting myself (difficult when moving house and having to paint and wall paper!) and only going to bed when i cant keep my eyes open anymore, that way im not in bed for too long and im also so tired that i sleep like a log!

I went an saw a bowen therapist, fixed it for me!

I didn't think there was any help they could give me? I just assumed it was really bad cause of pregnancy, i fractured my coxyx bone a couple of yrs ago which doesnt help as well i feel like the tin man from wizard of OZ. lol If it gets extremely bad i will tell midwife but i tend to just let these things happen our bodies are under alot more strain with bump changing our posture and balance and things too. Not too sure.

sure they could send you for some physio or something they have with my sister

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"