Sciatica is killing me

Bebica

Reaction score
I think that's what it is...only while lying down,towards morning..one side(to exact-rt) terrible pain and burning sensation mostly in the middle of my rt buttock...shooting down to my leg..so when I get up I cannot walk :( It lasts for a few minutes after i get up but hurts when i lay down on either side,but especially when trying to turn and lay on it..i could scream...never felt pain like this in that area...or that strong anywhere on body-except maybe some very very bad stomachaiche or even contractions while in labour...Never had this before...and don't know what to do about it...Anyone?

Maybe check with your OB/Midwife and see if medical massage is an option. I had this issue in a previous pregnancy and had massages done to keep it under control Most of the issues with this nerve are due to muscles being tense, which can happen due to extra strain of your belly hanging out more than it normally would thanks to LO :)

you are not alone... sorry.
I think maybe you try massage?

i'll talk to my ob...it's no problem walking or standing or sitting down but laying...more and more intense...

Same here. I get it permanently. Lying standing walking :( it's a killer!

i've got it permanently since i got pregnant, i don't really find it THAT painful - it's shooting pain rather than a constant pain, and cos it's in my arse and thigh it just makes me laugh :shrug: had it at uni when i was a right fatty and i couldn't move my right leg for nearly a week, slammed it in a car door and everything - if it gets to the knee you need to speak to your dr. cos that's the only time they class it as "serious" otherwise its just sciatic nerve pain.

Told my mw about it and she said yeah it'll probably get worse :shrug: maybe you can get some massage :thumbup: i'd agree it's caused by tension

a tip for making the pain ease off abit it to get on ur hands and knees with ur back curved so ur butt is in the air. then while keeping ur back bent sit back onto ur feet. do this afew times and it should relieve the pressure from the nerve.

but go see ur OB as they might be able to off you physiotherapy. also using a hot water bottle on ur sides helps with this pain too!

a great exercise to help is yoga....i want to start but keep forgetting even tho i enjoy it when i start

i suffer from bad sciatica myself :(

pilates is also great - esp if you tell the instructor you've got sciatic pain they'll give you some great exercises - like lying on your back with your knees bent and gently rocking your pelvis tipping it up and down off the floor - GENTLY - such sweet relief,,

well as soon as i get up or change position it stops but just that moment in transition is very very bad...so i do not need hot pads or excercise too much because it doesn't hurt me otherwise,only when on one side more than hour and that moment i am turning to another side..once i turn or sit for a sec it's ok.but if i don't do it,i'd die from pain...

My friend has this pain with her pregnancy right now.. and she literally just emailed me today saying she tried the Snoogle Pillow for sleep and it helped a TON!!! She was able to get out of bed more easily and in less pain...

Maybe check it out? https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267435

Hope you find something to work soon hun! Best of luck :)

My friend has this pain with her pregnancy right now.. and she literally just emailed me today saying she tried the Snoogle Pillow for sleep and it helped a TON!!! She was able to get out of bed more easily and in less pain...

Maybe check it out? https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267435

Hope you find something to work soon hun! Best of luck :)

this is so funny,because i just got one today!!! we'll try it out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->