Sciatica or PGP?

N

Neecee

I'm not sure which one of these I seem to have had since week 8, but last night it had me in tears. :cry:

Hubby had to pick me up from work as I couldn't even do the 3 minute walk to the tube station, and when I got home he had to virtually carry me up the stairs to our flat and take my boots off for me coz I couldn't even bend over.

By the time I tried to go to bed, I was in tears. I couldn't get my left leg up into the bed so hubby had to lift it for me and then arrange my maternity pillow so I could sleep on my side. I love that man so much, but I feel so bloody helpless!:hissy:

I'm so used to being 'up and at it' with no problems. Sometimes I feel like I'm over-analyzing the whole this, but it's really starting to get debilitating. I have 4 flights of stairs to get up and down at work every day (we have no lift) and I can't run for a bus or a train anymore :(.

Just thought I'd also post a link to some info on it, in case anyone else is going through the same thing:

PGP: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/

Sciatica: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/sciatica/?_requestid=1202370#2

Oh hun...

So sorry you're in so much pain.....can you see if your mw will refer you for some physio maybe? I really don't know what else to suggest to help you...

Thank god for you fab hubby, hey?!

Hope it eases off soon

xxx

That sounds like sciatica :( I suffer from it and unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done. My doctor gave me some stretches to do but they dont really work :(

I battle with sciatica and arthritus, the only thing I have found that makes a massive difference to the condition is drinking lots of water, it bloats out the muscles between the spine (I think from what I heard) so it keeps the pressure off the sciatic nerve, which runs down your leg and causes you to be in agony. I drink 3 pint glasses of water a day, I think 2 ltrs are recommended per day, if you keep it up, it makes a difference. Otherwise back strengthening exercises help, pilates is a good one, but speak to your midwife if it doesn't improve maybe she can arrange some physio, I am dreading the final months of my pregnancy as I am overweight also so I don't quite know how bad things will really get for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->