Scouse??

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
I've always wanted to make scouse but never quite knew how.

I've made beef stew before but Scouse is diff isn't it?

A friend of mine just browns the meat and then boils carrotts, spuds and the meat in water and then drains and then adds cold water and boils.

Does that sound right??

xx

Im bumping this thread coz I wana know too! My Nan used to make this for us all the time, I did see a tea towel in Liverpool with the recipe on, but forgot to go back and buy it lol. xx

OK.....this was posted ages ago so you may not want the recipe anymore but here's how my scouse friend makes it...

Brown your beef/steak in a big pan
Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes
Add chunky potatoes, carrot and swede
Cover with beef stock
Season with salt and pepper
Leave to simmer until the the sauce has thickened and the potatoes are cooked - I'd guess about half an hour

My friend has hers quite runny with bread, but flour or gravy granules can be added to thicken it up if you prefer it that way.

Enjoy :thumbup: nothing like a pan of scouse in this weather!!

well Labskaus in North germany is prettysimilar(hence the phonetic similarity)
Its made with corned beef(canned) red beetroots, potatoes, all mashed and cooked together, can also have an egg mixed in too, and served whith gherkins and a fried egg, or only gherkins, or rollmops . ..

well Labskaus in North germany is prettysimilar(hence the phonetic similarity)
Its made with corned beef(canned) red beetroots, potatoes, all mashed and cooked together, can also have an egg mixed in too, and served whith gherkins and a fried egg, or only gherkins, or rollmops . ..

The first bit - corned beef, beetroots and potatoes - sounds similar to something we have in my area called Lobby :thumbup: yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->