Scratching and Hitting

Ilovehim89

Reaction score
I have had it with James.. (19 almost 20 months) He keeps scratching, slapping, and pinching and I have tried everything!! Nothing is working! I even tried ignoring like a friend of mine suggested...didnt work. I have to do SOMETHING he just scratched my 8 month old daughter and made her bleed. I Have told him "no" firmly, tried telling him to be gentle, tried covering my face and pretend crying so he can see that it hurts...and its just not working! I need to find a way to fix this....soon! :cry:

That sounds horrible! :nope::cry: I don't have any answers as my baby's not become dangerous yet (although she hits and scratches the hell out of me but it's form excitement and love :dohh:)

What happens when you ignore him? I suppose moving him away from the situation, distracting and then preventing him isn't working? Does he become tantrumy if you do that?

I really hope you can find a way to do it. It must be so tough with your baby getting hurt too. :hugs:

When I tell him NO he throws a tantrum, cries, and scratches me..He is a big boy too...He is 35 pounds and he is a strong boy and his scratches and slaps hurt. And when I ignore him, He will continue to scratch and hit until I pay attention....He thinks its funny sometimes too but sometimes he does it without laughing and its really scary...Idk what to do

Have you tried asking followed by removing him to a safe place and then ignoring him till he calms down? Just a thought? You don't have to leave him in a room but just somewhere saf where he can see you (pretending) getting on with housework or something and not getting wound up even if you are inside? :shrug: maybe someone withmoreexperience will be along soon... :shrug:

Have a look at this https://www.askdrsears.com/html/6/T063900.asp#T062400

There's a few good ideas on this website (and the book, it's my bible at the moment!). He isn't doing it to hurt you, he's feeling something emotional which he can't process or doesn't understand fully (imo).

Could it be a little bit of jealousy since his sister came along?

Hiya

I had this problem with my son aswell when he was that age, it's so difficult eh? I used to tell him 'no' in a very firm voice but no shouting and place him somewhere safe, like a cot, buggy, corner etc. Leave him there for 1-2 minutes and then explain in a firm voice what he done wrong and that you don't like that behaviour (basically like suoernappy lol)

I found that a sticker chart worked wonders for Jayden when he was that age, tell him exactly what you expect of him (explain every single step in simple detail) and when he behaves make sure he gets a sticker and if he has all his stickers at the end of the day/week he'll get a special big boy surprise! Be very enthusiastic about it.

Kids love me and apparently it's because I'm 'animated' haha, nice way of saying I look funny lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"