screaming when she sees her bottle

icy1975

Lucy's mummy, aka Sarah
Reaction score
This is a totally new things today and it's really worrying me, but just wondering when I should be worried enough to bother a Dr.

Lucy woke at 9am (an hour later than normal) and took 8oz of Enfamil AR (medicated formula for her silent reflux) and since then she has just refused any formula, as soon as she sees the bottle she starts screaming and throwing her head back, she's just wanted to sleep all day although she's cried herself to sleep each time despite me trying both holding her and putting her down to self settle as she normally does, nothing helps. Obviously as she hasn't had any milk her nappies have been dry all day. She hasn't pooed for 2 days and keeps straining but nothing happens. She had a temperature earlier so I've given her some calpol and we have some lactulose (sp?) that the Dr prescribed last time she was constipated so we've given her some of that. I've no idea why she won't take her bottles and I'm so worried about her getting dehydrated, we've even tried giving her a sippy cup and she took about an oz out of that before screaming and throwing it on the floor.

Anyone any idea what could be wrong and if there's anything else I can do to help I really hate seeing her like this I know she's hungry but she just won't take anything :cry:

spoon a few spoonfuls of cooled boiled water into her every half an hour. That should help with dehydration.

If Daniel hasn't had a poo for a couple of days he can get quite funny about his bottles. I expect Lucy is feeling full.
Massage round her belly button in a clockwise direction. That usually gets it all moving.

Just keep an eye on her temp.

oh i dont know:(wee soul!!Poor you too its so worrying being a mummy isnt it?Could she maybe have a sore ear/throat?x

Try giving her some cooled boiled water or some apple juice. Apple juice is supposed to help with bowel movements, similar to prune juice. Or give her some prune juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->