screw my goals!!

libbymarks198

Reaction score
so all my friends are now either mums or expecting to be mums in the next 9 months, and I am going crazy, starting to get depressed and just really obsessed with ttc as i was before i had a m/c...

there is so many things i wanted to do before we started trying again, wanted to wait at least 3-4 years before we did, so we were married and owned a home, and a wee bit older...
but i am going to say screw the goals and when i get back from europe in may next year we are going to try weather OH likes it or not haha...
i just want a baby so badly :(

I totally agree! I had plans to get my masters and get a professional degree and blah and blah... and now I've recognized that- screw it- a family is more important! Now, just waiting for my lovely OH to come to the same conclusion ;) Seeing my friends' adorable babies makes me so impatient!

Good on you I say! If I had felt that 'urge' when I was younger, I know I wouldnt have let my age stand in my way. All the things that you want to achieve are still achievable with a baby in tow - in fact I for one have had the career opportunity of a lifetime come my way since having LO. We also hope to do a bit of travelling as a family soon before I (hopefully) begin a PhD.
Im 38, and I know I wont get my independent life back for a good 18 years - when Ill be 56!!! How I wish Id met the right guy and been ready to have a baby when I was younger, Im quite envious of you really :) Good luck to you hun xx

I am twenty-three and this is totally my mentality too now because you can work on your career forever but you can't have the same for children. There will always be a reason NOT to have children yet, there isn't really a right time (there are better times) as who is to say that your circumstances will stop your child from being the happiest they could be if you make it that way :)

Anyway, *hugs*, I totally understand how frustrating it is x

I feel like that all the time, but my OH point blank refuses to rethink our goals. He wants to stick to them 100%. Unbearably frustrating!

I hate being young and feeling left behind my friends. My closest friends all have babies or young children or are expecting. Every facebook status is baby-related and asking advice from mums they've met on BnB or on other baby websites, and I feel useless and left out since I can't really comment other than things I've read :(

when i found out i was pregnant i didnt think oh shitty shit my future is screwed i wont be able to go to uni or have a decent house for my baby or whatever, i just made a plan so that i could still have my baby and go to uni and have a nice house and be happy. i lost my baby 3 weeks ago and i'm broody as hell. now i can go to uni get a go career and house and save up for my baby when i decided to TTC but then i think why wait i can do all i want to do and have a baby now, yeah it'll be difficult but i had a pretty damn good plan for when the baby arrived, and felt like i wouldn't be depriving my baby of anything... urgh so fustrating!!

if i wait to have my baby i'll be waiting 5/6 years... can i wait that long? how long will you guys have to wait if you dont TTC now?

make sure he is on board... Having a baby is a big job, just because your friends are being a mom doens't mean you need to be. It's hard, but if he isn't on board too it WILL cause issues and he'll feel set up..

:( i dont want to wait any longer either, its only my OH thats really stopping us trying now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->