Second baby announcement ideas??

kayla93

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I am so excited to be able to join you again! I am a second time mom, and my daughter is 2 :) We are 5 weeks tomorrow with our second baby and are looking for cute baby announcement ideas. We would love to incorporate our daughter.

A little background on us, my boyfriend is going to college for computer science and is very into demolition derbies. I am a new graduate RN and really enjoy reading books. Not sure if this would help with any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Im trying to figure out the same! I dont wanna do the typical Big Brother shirt lol

For my Facebook announcement eventually, I was planning to just post a picture of my son reading a book with the title saying something about being a big brother. However, one of my friends just did that on fb, so I'm looking for new ideas now!

To tell family, you could have a book about becoming a big sister and tell them she has a new book for them to read to her!

P.S. I did the Big Brother shirt with my last pregnancy and it is really fun for a big family gathering when you arrive first. Then it's a game and each new person comes in and everyone is staring at them waiting to see how long it will take them to see, haha. We did that last Christmas and it was super fun! :) (unfortunately it ended in mc, but wouldn't ever take back that special celebration with family!)

Congrats! It was my MIL's birthday Monday so what I did was get a picture frame with 3 picture slots and at the bottom it said, "Grandkids keep you young at heart!" The first picture was of my nephew (her first grandchild), the second was of my daughter, and the 3rd was my ultrasound picture. She figured it out pretty quickly and was soooo thrilled and just started crying saying it was the best birthday gift and birthday she's ever had <3

Stalking for ideas! I think we're going to buy a Big Sister shirt to announce to the parents, but I'm not sure about Facebook. :dohh:

I have been googling this today and came across loads. The one I'm thinking of using is to dress my son in a superhero costume and take a photo if him stood next to a sign that says "every superhero needs a sidekick..... mine is coming March 2016"

I'm thinking of something subtle like this - for a fb announcment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 19
I'm thinking of something subtle like this - for a fb announcment

That's the idea I've been toying with as well! Or doing our laptops with one of DD's baby laptops, and an even smaller one for the baby, since we're a geeky family.

My friend had a great idea I think I'll do for FB. She said I should have my daughter (2yr) baby wear her baby doll. And I'll either make a sign or write after the pic is taken that says "practicing to be a big sister"

Can't wait! Just a couple more weeks :)

To announce to family, we did the "big brother t-shirt" (for my parents) and for DH's parents, we invited them for dinner and had a dessert that used whipped cream... so we brought out one bowl that was coloured blue and one that was coloured pink and asked them which one they preferred.

For close friends, we took a picture of pickles, and one of ice cream, and then a picture of the ultrasound and had one picture of: [pickles] + [ice cream] = [sonogram]

When we wanted to announce our second pregnancy on FB, we used this picture of my DS:

Bram_new brother announcement.jpg

image.jpg
Mines for baby #3 but this is what I'm doing after my ultrasound if everything works out ok

I did a photo of my three year old holding a chalk board saying 'I'm being promoted to big sister - December 2015'. She had a big smile on her face and looked so cute <3

My friend had a great idea I think I'll do for FB. She said I should have my daughter (2yr) baby wear her baby doll. And I'll either make a sign or write after the pic is taken that says "practicing to be a big sister"

Can't wait! Just a couple more weeks :)

WOW that's a fantastic idea. Was thinking about a big sister book but that's even better!

I am loving these ideas! Thanks ladies! My boyfriend loves the laptop idea since he is going into computer science. But I love all of them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->