second day of vitex! here's hoping!

Ellarose4

Reaction score
Ladies!!! Ive got a ridiculously not and inconsistent cycle - thought it was because I was coming off the pill but its been a fair while now! anyhow finally bit the bullet and started taking the Vitex I purchased at the beginning of last cycle (was tooo scared to use lol!)

has anyone else taken it for the sole purpose of getting a shorter, more regular cycle happening?! did it work?! I'd love to know! i'm super hopeful! :) :)

baby dust to allll!!!!!!!! smile :) xoxoxooxox

Hi Ella -I started taking vitex 3 days ago, I've been struggling with my last couple cycles being 38 to 85 days! I hope it does the trick for both of us!! Are you using any other types of supplements?

Hi ladies!

I started taking vitex at the beginning of my last cycle - so 1.5 months ago [I'm currently cd14 of this cycle]...

My 1st cycle off bcp I didn't O until cd21 and got AF 8 days later so the next cycle I went on vitex. My 2nd cycle [last month] I O'd on cd 18 and had a longer luteal phase [11 days] but no BFP..

This cycle, it actually looks like I'm going to O very soon - I also started using cbfm and am getting highs the last 2 days, my opk's have been darker [not pos yet but I haven't tested today] and I had egg white cm today - I'm only on cd 14 so I'm thinking/hoping this earlier O is from my combination of vitex, vitamin b6 and red raspberry leaf supplement!

Good luck to you all and lots of :dust:

lm3898 - do you take vitex through your entire cycle or stop after ovulation?

I read A LOT of stuff regarding this and I chose to take it ALL cycle b/c I've read stopping it suddenly can result in your AF showing sooner & even miscarriage if you are pregnant. If I do get my :bfp: while on it, I'll talk to my doctor but I read so many stories from women who stayed on it their entire 1st trimester then weaned off & it was really good for them. One person even said she start spotting when she went off, took it again, and spotting stopped! I take 2 pills/day til O then 1 pill [400 mg]/day after.

I read A LOT of stuff regarding this and I chose to take it ALL cycle b/c I've read stopping it suddenly can result in your AF showing sooner & even miscarriage if you are pregnant. If I do get my :bfp: while on it, I'll talk to my doctor but I read so many stories from women who stayed on it their entire 1st trimester then weaned off & it was really good for them. One person even said she start spotting when she went off, took it again, and spotting stopped! I take 2 pills/day til O then 1 pill [400 mg]/day after.

Good to know...I get so nervous about these supplements but i think I will take that approach with the 2/day before o and 1/day after. Thanks for the input!

Thanks! did you have any side effects? I'm currently on day 6 and i have my period still but its not like normal! once i started taking vitex two days ago i went from red to brown! and (TMI sorry!) but it kinda smells weird! i thought maybe its just old becuase i havent had my Af in so long.... did you find antying like this? or any other side effects! AND i also have the CRACKING head ache today! like nothing ive EVER had before! gahh! im sorta thinking i shouldnt be on it lol

Hmmm no I'm sorry no side effects for me BUT I'm also taking 2 pills daily of red raspberry leaf supplement so maybe that offsets any potential side effects? It's used to regulate your cycle as well, you can read about it here on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...1377259179&sr=1-1&keywords=Red+Raspberry+Leaf

I've had a headache but from O approaching, not vitex. I also get them around AF so maybe that's why? Sorry!

I've taken this for the last few weeks since my period and I've actually ovulated around day 16 so hopefully will have around a 30day cycle. This is a big drop for me, my last few cycles have been 54days, 46days, 37days, 43days. So a normal ish cycle is good. Fingers crossed it works for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->