Second Hand Clothing - Opinions!!

Both! If its in realllly good condition, nice etc then its ours :lol:

I welcome secondhand clothes gladly! Money can be so tight and cannot afford brand new clothes all the time, eBay is my best friend and alot of clothes are passed down from a family friend although not so much now as theo is catching upto the little boy and they are both in 2-3 now lol!

I always pass on the clothes where I can, sometimes not possible as theo is quite messy and he tends to wear his current clothes alot more than his smaller ones.

Btw might have some more stuff for Logan, what size is he in now? Think I have some 9-12 and 12-18 month stuff! Might box it up and send and what u don't want just get rid of!

X

This is one of the reasons I love you :) <3 He's just gone up into 9-12 months :)

I'm glad I posted this, it's been really interesting!! Keep the opinions coming girls :thumbup: I actually found a second hand shop not far down the road from me, we now sell our old stuff through them.

I cannot understand why people are against buying second hand? I really dont understand it,the only reason i can think of is that todays sociaty/media have brainwashed everyone into needed the latest/newest things and second hand is trampy :shrug:

We can afford now to buy brand new,and i do (mostly baby boots and h&m!) but i go into my local charity shop almost everyday to have a look.

and most of oscars clothes of gone to new babys :cloud9: im really glad i kept some though :haha:

Budgetwise I prefer second hand because I can get nicer stuff for the same price as new basics - like I bought a Merino Kids sleeping bag for £26 the other day which would've been £60 new and you can buy a whole bunch of sleepsuits for a few quid on ebay. I have a Me Too snowsuit I got for £22 and some nice Zara/Bluezoo/Benetton/Junior J bits which would've been really dear brand new but cost less than it would've done just going to a supermarket or Primark for new clothes. I'd rather that then new IYKWIM. All his younger baby stuff was basically plain 2nd hand blue and white onesies or vests that were ridiculously cheap but now he's older and nearly walking around I'm enjoying dressing him more. I feel more guilty buying him new clothes than I would 2nd hand TBH

I brought oscar a brand new with tags navy tweed duffel coat from Zara,for £3.50!!!! a few months ago! i was sooo chuffed :happydance:

Budgetwise I prefer second hand because I can get nicer stuff for the same price as new basics - like I bought a Merino Kids sleeping bag for £26 the other day which would've been £60 new and you can buy a whole bunch of sleepsuits for a few quid on ebay. I have a Me Too snowsuit I got for £22 and some nice Zara/Bluezoo/Benetton/Junior J bits which would've been really dear brand new but cost less than it would've done just going to a supermarket or Primark for new clothes. I'd rather that then new IYKWIM. All his younger baby stuff was basically plain 2nd hand blue and white onesies or vests that were ridiculously cheap but now he's older and nearly walking around I'm enjoying dressing him more. I feel more guilty buying him new clothes than I would 2nd hand TBH

I brought oscar a brand new with tags navy tweed duffel coat from Zara,for £3.50!!!! a few months ago! i was sooo chuffed :happydance:
Ah that's such a good bargain! They're like £30odd new

Michael has mostly new stuff but we have a few things from ebay :)

I don't care either way new or used kids clothes are never in rough shape so why care

Nathaniel has had everything new, as I love just going in the baby shops etc for a good ol' spend. But I wouldn't say I was against second-hand if it was offered to me.

i spent such much money in pumpkin patch/asos when i was pregnant . . . it was such a waste of money he was in them for 5 minutes.

no way am i doing that again this time :haha:

I don't have a problem with second hand clothes. At the rate babies grow the majority of things you get are in excellent condition, I sell most of Kians old clothes on eBay and use the money I make from them to get him new things. Although I do prefer buying new but some things are so expensive new To only be work a couple of times so if you can pick it up at a bargain price in excellent condition then real do ! X

can i just say i got an eighty five pound lipsy 100% pure silk dress for a fiver off a friend of a friend the other day :D know its not baby clothes but oooff...

Most of my kids' clothes are second hand, especially all the stuff they had when they were babies. I love getting a bunch of clothes from second-hand stores...and I don't feel guilty about spending a ton of money. :thumbup: There's quite a few people my mom and MIL know that give us clothes for Mady and the baby.

We do get some stuff brand new, but usually only when it's on sale. :flower:

Love eBay, so 2nd hand is fine IMO! Also my sil has a son older than Alfie so I get all of his clothes that are not ruined! I also wouldn't rule out charity shops but I don't go in them.. We just don't have many if any(?) where I go shopping. I would obviously prefer to buy new but I'd rather have 5 things in basically brand new condition for the same price as the one thing from the shop!

Before Alfie was born I bought everything new, and donations of clothes I just see as an extra/just incase we run out kinda thing, that changed after 0-3 lol. Plus I am still till this day getting over the fact I spent like £70 on a Moses basket and stand when you can pick them up for like £10 second hand and most babies hardly sleep in the damn things! Alf was in his for about 6-8 weeks then he got too long!! :dohh:

I also love getting clothes from relatives with kids because half the stuff I would never pick myself but
it looks cute on :)

I wouldn't have thought I would have had so much second hand stuff as I do now though when I was pregnant. I guess you just become more realistic and want value for money once baby has arrived and you realise it makes no difference lol

Almost all of Tori's clothes I bought second hand. I made sure they were in good condition though. My MIL and GMIL mostly buy Tori new clothes now and we occasionally do but I have nothing against second hand clothing at all as long as they're in good condition.

I have nothing against second hand clothing, i love thrift shopping lol.
When I found out I was pregnant my mom's friend gave me like 10 huge totes of clothes that were her girls.
I do buy Gracelynn new clothes here and there but she has like new clothes from my moms friend and if i can buy the same exact thing but cheaper at a second hand store and it doesnt look terrible im going to buy it.

I love second hand! I never had a problem wearing second hand, and still stalk the op and charity shops! You can get some amazing stuff second hand, and often it is in as new condition anyway! The majority of DDs clothes are second hand, the only new things are the clothes she got at the baby shower. Her second handies are soooo cute, and I don't mind people giving me hand me downs either, it saves me money, and she'll grow out of them pretty quickly anyway!

:wave: hope its okay if i pop in over here.... I love getting secondhand stuff. Most of what i have bought my baby has been second hand or on clearance. I figure that since he is not going to be in them for very long anyway that i may as well buy second hand. I have also had some second hand clothes given to me. I would neve turn it away cuz i know how helpful it will be. I have found so many things for second hand that i have bought stuff for when he is 9-12 months as well. I figure that the baby will not know the difference and that i am saving a lot of money. My OH works and i go to college and will be a stay at home mom. I honestly think that if i ws set on buying everything new that i would not be able to stay at home. All my money would be going towards baby clothes. :dohh: lol

I dont buy second hand :shrug: but have nothing against it my mom buys things second hand for my kids and I dont turn it down. The second hand clothes they got are from my mom (she also buys them new clothes but its been months since they have received anything lol ) I always buy new but I love to use coupons shop the clearance section, and look for specials. All of their brand new shirts they have are $5 or less and some of them are name brand like polo, puma, nike, ect... horray for coupons and the clearance section I have never that I can think of spent more than $8 on a shirt lol

Arianna has a few second hand things but about 90% of her stuff is new, since I work at Carter's I get so much for cheap and usually I just buy her entire wardrobe for the season and end up spending maybe $100 all together.

I don't buy secondhand- but if it's given to me (so family member or friend) and it's in good shape, I accept it. I like to know where things have been basically, and I don't go nuts shopping, I buy sales as much as I can and do my biggest shopping for her clothes in August/September during end of summer and back to school sales so I save a lot. I wouldn't really buy baby gear like strollers, car seat, crib, bouncer, etc secondhand either... but I have bought toys secondhand, like her bounce n spin zebra and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->