Second Hand Clothing - Opinions!!

Also with my next baby I will probably buy mostly second hand in the smaller sizes cos Noah was in and out of each size in like a month, I wasted sooo much. But he's been in 18-24 for like a year so he's got absolutely tons cos I keep getting bored of his clothes and buying more :haha:

I can get all the clothes she needs in one size on eBay/charity shops/passed down for less than some brand new things - I know someone who spent £45 on her baby's jumper :wacko:

I'd rather received second-hand clothes than have someone buy her something brand new. I've only bought a couple of things new, but they were on sale. I generally stick to a £1 per item :thumbup:

Oh, and I donate everything to a place that helps people out with baby equipment and clothes.

I buy lots of second hand. Most of her clothes from 4 months until now have been from the car boot sale and they were all as new condition from next at 20p each. Since its got colder nobody sells there anymore so ive been buying new for 9-12 months. The charity shops around here arent great.
I have no problem with second hand or new, we buy whatever we can afford at the time or whatever is a good deal.

Well, all the stuff I got for my son was second hand, as all of my family and friends gave me stuff. It was really nice not to have needed to buy a whole lot and spend a fortune on new baby things. But it is always nice to go out and buy new things yourself and stuff. I am happy when people give me things that are second hand and hand me downs as such, I'm glad they want to help and it does help me out. It's just gross to see all the stained and dirty things.. Lol. My son is only a little over a week old, so once he starts growing out of his clothing and things we don't need I will pass them off to other people to help them out just as I was. And if they happen to not like anything they can simply toss it or give it away.

I got a loaaaaaad of second hand stuff of ebay, just washed them when I got them (even though they smelt so nice when they arrived) and there you go, I saved so much money, I have no issues with second hand clothing.

Yeah I always wash second hand stuff when I get it, even if it's never worn or smells clean, I like it to smell of my washing powder :haha:

Mums of baby boys up to size 18-24 go go go :blush: Its clogging up my wardrobe! :haha:
Boys Clothes Newborn to 2 years

I dont have paypal :cry: or I would of buy everything from you anna that and I'm in the US :haha:

I'll buy second hand on occasion, we live in a nice area so the clothes are always nicer brands and usually in good condition. I do prefer to buy new but it doesn't bother me either way. There are some things I won't buy second hand though (onesies especially)

You guys are sooo lucky, it is freaking ridiculous to ship anything here, it doesn't make buying stuff online much of a bargain at all. :( Mainly I have to stick to what's out of stock in stores, places with free shipping, or things only sold online..

I LOVE childrens consignment stores. You can find real bargains on quality clothing in great condition. I love recycling and I honestly feel it is wasteful to buy all new. Babies outgrow clothes SO fast.

I cannot understand why people are against buying second hand? I really dont understand it,the only reason i can think of is that todays sociaty/media have brainwashed everyone into needed the latest/newest things and second hand is trampy :shrug:

We can afford now to buy brand new,and i do (mostly baby boots and h&m!) but i go into my local charity shop almost everyday to have a look.

and most of oscars clothes of gone to new babys :cloud9: im really glad i kept some though :haha:

Or maybe it's just personal preferance? I don't think anybody's actually said they're against it, just that they don't buy it. I'm not brainwashed, I just prefer to buy our clothes new :thumbup:

Before Alfie was born I bought everything new, and donations of clothes I just see as an extra/just incase we run out kinda thing, that changed after 0-3 lol. Plus I am still till this day getting over the fact I spent like £70 on a Moses basket and stand when you can pick them up for like £10 second hand and most babies hardly sleep in the damn things! Alf was in his for about 6-8 weeks then he got too long!! :dohh:

That is what I was like. I spent £70 on a moses basket and stand from Mothercare that he was in for 12 weeks! It is now sitting up in the attic. Also spent £100 on a swing that he used once or twice. £120 on two bedding packs - when all I needed was a couple of sheets cause I had sooo many blankets! :cry: So much money wasted. Don't even want to think how much I spent on clothes.

We got given a few second hand bits, i don't think there is anything wrong with it. I mean I don't go out of my way to buy second hand but if I see something I like I have it. OH loves Ebay and is forever looking around for things. We look for stuff on Ebay cant find what we want close enough to go collect it, so go out buy it new and the next day its on Ebay for half the price :dohh:

I buy new and used. Clothes and toys.
I honestly think people who turned down being given used items for FREE and don't want them because they rather buy new are fucking snobby.
I didn't read every page of this thread..but honestly if everyone buys new ALL the time we are gonna ruin are environment.

Most of Kailees stuff is second hand. That is mainly because I get so much of it from others. Like garbage bags full, and also I buy used from shops or people selling. I don't mind because shes to little to understand and once its washed its not dirty, and almost everything has little to no stains or anything. I buy her clothes new still depending but I hate seeing stuff i pay more for get messy second hand stuff i hardly mind getting stained because its not like i just put out a bunch for that outfit.

you are soo lucky!! lol let me know if anyone wants to get rid of any 2t and up toddler boy clothes :xmas13: I will gladly take it off their hands :haha:

btw are you going to the college christmas party on the 3rd?

bit of both.
I get ALOT on ebay (and sell alot on there aswell to give me spending money :haha:), and if there were more people I knew with boys then I think I would have more second hand, but alas there are all baby girls in the families!
But I do like buying Max some new things. Most of the time it's when they are on offer or I have discount codes. Alot is from tescos and Asda though :thumbup:

Also second hand stuff is normally in good condition anyway because babies are wearing them only a couple of times.

I am not fussed about getting second hand clothes for my LO, I do buy new but do have a lot which is second hand. As long as it is in good condition and you wash them yourself before putting them on you LO, what is the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->