• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Second pregnancies (or more!)

northern_me

Reaction score
Just out of complete exhaustion, I have several reasons why second pregnancies are harder than being pregnant for the first time:

1) Still having to prep food to keep another human being alive even though you feel like vomiting all over the kitchen.
2) You put in the effort to clean your house, even though you're exhausted and nauseous, and your older child feels that is a signal to totally destroy every room in the house.
3) People think this shouldn't bother you because you've been through it before.
4) You still have to get up and get your older child out the door through fighting and whining because THEY'RE tired.
5) You are constantly being beckoned to do something to the point that you can't figure out if you're actually nauseous or just nauseous from hearing the word "Mom".

This has been one heck of a week. I've been totally on my own with her this week and I'm just purely exhausted and want space to be nauseous and puke in peace.

Anyone else have any reasons?

My biggest two are:
Changing pooey nappies when you want to vomit (and I've got two in nappies).
Baby still waking frequently during night and toddler not sleeping during day, so SSOOOO tired!!

I cannot imagine having to change diapers right now. That must be the worst.

Just out of complete exhaustion, I have several reasons why second pregnancies are harder than being pregnant for the first time:

2) You put in the effort to clean your house, even though you're exhausted and nauseous, and your older child feels that is a signal to totally destroy every room in the house.
4) You still have to get up and get your older child out the door through fighting and whining because THEY'RE tired.
5) You are constantly being beckoned to do something to the point that you can't figure out if you're actually nauseous or just nauseous from hearing the word "Mom".

Anyone else have any reasons?

Yes! Especially to number 5! And when you lay down to take your nap, your child is just waking up from his.

I was just saying this exact thing to one of my friends! My kids seem especially needy and messy right now lol... They start kindergarten soon and I can't wait for a slight break while they're at school to catch up!
I definitely couldn't imagine having to change diapers right now! One of my kids clogged the toilet the other day and that was pushing it as far as what I can handle right now

I'm dreading the moment when pooey nappies get to me! I'm almost looking forward to going back to work so I don't have to do them anymore!
I also hate the fact that I can't just go and lay down when I feel like it. I have to wait for missy to have a nap.
I'm seriously dreading morning sickness starting!

My DD still wakes in the night so I'm exhausted! Luckily DH gets up with her a lot!

You have fond memories of your first pregnancy - lay ins on weekends, being able to nap... Makes this pregnancy so much harder! Hurry up, 2nd tri!

Your toddler has like a billion tantrums a day and you wonder why it is you wanted another...

This made me laugh I know that feeling very well!

I find making my toddlers food bad enough... But scraping it off the floor all mashed and congeiled because she still likes to play with her food is also pretty unbareable.

Relating to all what you have mentioned ladies. Dreading ms when it hits. I hope im lucky and don't get it lol.

I have another one. Hanging over the toilet getting sick while your daughter stands in the doorway screeching because the clothes you picked out for her was too nice and she doesn't want anyone to tell her she's pretty.

Rawrrrr.

OP got it in a nutshell. Why do we do it to ourselves?! Haha, like the body forgets the pain of childbirth, it also forgets the trauma of first trimester :[ xxx

I have another one. Hanging over the toilet getting sick while your daughter stands in the doorway screeching because the clothes you picked out for her was too nice and she doesn't want anyone to tell her she's pretty.

Rawrrrr.

Haha or when they wonder over to the toilet to see what your up to and why your making such weird noises when you puke then deciding they want to use the potty whilst your head is in it.:dohh::dohh:

Love toddlers!!!

I am soooo glad my little lady is toilet trained otherwise I too would also not be able to handle the pooey nappies. And the tantrum post .... 100%!!! But then you get gorgeous kisses & cuddles and remember it's all worth it.

I was being sick the other day and my little lady was standing next to me saying ' what you doing mummy? I do it too mummy?' Errrr no please don't!!!!!

Hahaha, this thread makes me laugh! I'm really struggling with all day nausea & those awful nappies that my little boy produces are not helping one bit! The one on Saturday morning was also full of glitter... He obviously had a good day at nursery as his poo was all glittery!

I agree with Glitterfly, clearing up toddler food does not help the situation!

Your toddler has like a billion tantrums a day and you wonder why it is you wanted another...

Oh god yes. My 3-year-old has very bad tantrums, it makes me want to cry sometimes. My emotions are all over the place as well so it's very hard to deal with him at the moment. Poor thing. I am SO glad DH takes such good care of me when he's home. He really does take a load off my shoulders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"