Second pregnancy.. Different?

Dollybird

Mother of a beautiful boy
Reaction score
I wonder if I'm just overthinking things, but having suffered a loss in the past I feel like all I do is analyse every little thing and worry over it. Anyways. My pregnancy with my son I was so ill. Terrible morning sickness right from the start, I felt tired and terrible. But this pregnancy ive had none!! In fact I feel great! I was ill with a bug last weekend and actually thought it was morning sickness.. Was almost pleased, but it went as quickly as it came which makes me sure it was a bug. So cutting to the chase what I mean to say is should I be concerned about the lack of symptoms?.. About how different this is to my last pregnancy? I do have some symptoms- my bbs are tender and I have a bit of the runs (had it with my last pregnancy too, and also with my ectopic), but I still can't help but worry. I had a scan at 5+4 (get an early one due to my history of extopic) and it showed a sac and yolk measuring to date. I've booked a private scan for 8 weeks as I feel I need to see a wee Heartbeat to believe it really. Xxx

Firstly, sorry to hear of your loss. It must be hard to have no symptoms as it can make you worry. However, I wouldn't panic about a lack of symptoms as every pregnancy is different. With my first I had absolutely no symptoms and barely felt pregnant the whole way through. This time I have lots of symptoms and it's completely different to how I felt last time. I'm sure everything is fine but hopefully the private scan will give you peace of mind xx

Sorry for your loss, I had two last year so I know how hard it is not to overthink!
My pregnancy symptoms with this one didn't kick in till 7 weeks, same with my daughter but with her my symptoms were mild. This time round they have been evil lol. I had a lot of episodes where they would come and go and I would totally freak out,I even cryer thinking this is it,it's gone again. But after numerous hcg draws and scans that have been perfect I'm still here nearly entering 2nd trimester :)
Could you not request a hcg draw from your doc? That's what I did and they happily let me do it.

Thankyou ladies. I've actually debating calling the early pregnancy unit again to get some reassurence. They've discharged me from their care now that they know it's not ectopic (that was why I had my early scan), but they did say I could contact them if I had any problems. Thing is though I guess it's not really a problem.. I'm not bleeding and not having any pain.. I'm just paranoid! Lol. Xxx

Maybe like previous poster said, ask for a blood draw to check HCG? Surely this wouldn't be too much of a problem for them? You could always just ring and ask if they would xx

Hey dolly!

Try not to worry, you can change so much from pregnancy to pregnancy in terms of symptoms so try not to compare too much.

With dd I literally had no symptoms at all, all the way through (people wanted to punch me!) and it's the same this time round so far..I have sore boobs but asides from that nothing.

It can be worrying and you'll see loads on here about people having loads of symptoms which then makes you worried more (I've also read the more symptoms the more likely things are going to go good, which I don't believe personally).

I'm so glad that your scan was positive, fingers crossed it won't take too long for 8 weeks to get here for your private one

Xx

Hey LDC! Glad to hear you are doing well! Thanks for your reply. Yeh my sis has five boys and tells me each pregnancy was completely different to the next, but still I worry. Can't wait to get past the first tri so I can relax a bit. Always much easier when you can feel them moving as well later on. Xxx

MissR they epu near me doesn't do hcg draws routinely as they say it can cause more worry than sometimes necessary, as hcg doesn't always behave as it should. They dos however do them with both my previous pregnancies, but I've felt this time round they've not been quite as thorough or sympathetic - probably since I've had a successful pregnancy since my ectopic. I kinda get that though I know they are very busy and they've done what they needed to do by confirming its not ectopic. Might phone them tomorrow anyways though I guess it can't hurt! Xxx

I completely understand your worries. Sorry to hear the epu is not being as sympathetic as you would like. I hope you can get some sort of answer. When is your private scan booked for? That will hopefully put your mind at ease xx

Every pregnancy, every labour and birth are different.

I understand your worry, i felt like a nervous wreck with my 4th pregnancy but third baby. I had HG which i was so ill i didnt think baby would make it through 1st tri i couldnt eat for over 4 weeks.

i can totally relate! so normal to worry and be paranoid.
i bet some HCG tests would be reassuring like someone else said.
and your private scan is in a week or so? that is great!!! not too far away at all

Yeh scan on Saturday so not long at all! Still no MS! A wee bit nausea but that's it! So strange. Bbs are agony though and back has been achey so hopefully things are on track. Just wish things where the same as my last pregnancy then maybe is be able to relax a bit xxx

Some things have different from this pregnancy to when I was pregnant with my DD. I wouldn't worry. Every pregnancy is different hun. I know it's hard not to. I've had losses too and I'm petrified. I just have to keep reminding myself, no pregnancy is the same

It's a pity the symptoms don't come on a proper schedule to give us some reassurance.

In my last pregnancy my ms didn't kick in until 9 weeks. I was a nervous wreck those early weeks, because it hit about 5 weeks with all my other pregnancies. Once it did start, though, it continued right to the end.

Hang in there. I bet you see a perfect little one at your scan on Saturday.

Thankyou ladies so much. I appreciate the reassurence xxx

I had very few symptoms with the first. Then I had a loss last summer but too early for any real symptoms. This time I feel sick as a dog and want to sleep all afternoon. :( I never appreciated how great I felt first time around, sounds like you've lucked out! Try not to worry too much (I know it's hard).

Hi Dolly, I've had multiple mc's and once you have 1, you're forever changed. It's not nice to go through losses but have faith that your body knows what it's doing and will follow through with this pregnancy.

I always lost my babies around the 8 week mark and while my doc was good enough to give me scans at 7,8, and 10 weeks, I was beside myself with anxiety at 12 weeks with this pregnancy. My midwife told me to bump up my scan date from Friday to Tuesday the 12th week as I was crying and just couldn't focus at work.

My second mc was a donor egg IVF baby, how is it that I can't even carry a young healthy 26 year old egg and my DH's sperm is strong and plentiful:haha:when I mmc'd that last IVF baby, I immediately paid for immune testing through Dr Beers office in California (I live in Canada far far away, we paid $3000 and sent them 15 vials of blood each through the mail) and the testing diagnosed 2 different forms of clotting problems which will both put myself and my baby in danger. That mc was actually a mmc, at the 12 week scan we found out the baby had died at 8 weeks so I requested a D&C and pathology to see if it was 1. My body or 2. A chromosomal problem with the baby. Turned out that that baby had Turner's Syndrome, had I known that right away I wouldn't have spend the $3000 on immune testing, thank goodness there was a delay in the pathology report! The immune testing was worth every cent.

So they've got me on baby aspirin, and 2 injectable blood thinners/day. This has allowed this pregnancy to survive. Your body is wise and will not allow babies that are sick or chromosomally impaired to go through. I'm sorry you've had to go through a mc. My doc says that some women's bodies work too well, not all eggies every month are good or in some cases like mine with Turner's Syndrome a bad sperm gets in. Some women are super efficient and get pregnant anyways realizing later that there is something wrong with baby. So you're at least hitting the getting pregnant lotto. I also have problems getting pregnant as I have premature ovarian diminished reserves. So after 6 years of ttc, 7 ivf's, 3 with donor eggs for us to get pregnant naturally in Jan while we were getting ready to do our 7th IVF... I chalk it all up to pulling that jackpot machine handle and so many good things came together in one go! And to think I couldn't even remember :sex:that month:rofl: Hope for healthy sperm to meet healthy egg and do everything you can to take care of body while it's hatching that embryo.:hugs:

That's a very kind gesture! Appreciate it!:thumbup:

Hi Dolly, I've had multiple mc's and once you have 1, you're forever changed. It's not nice to go through losses but have faith that your body knows what it's doing and will follow through with this pregnancy.

I always lost my babies around the 8 week mark and while my doc was good enough to give me scans at 7,8, and 10 weeks, I was beside myself with anxiety at 12 weeks with this pregnancy. My midwife told me to bump up my scan date from Friday to Tuesday the 12th week as I was crying and just couldn't focus at work.

My second mc was a donor egg IVF baby, how is it that I can't even carry a young healthy 26 year old egg and my DH's sperm is strong and plentiful:haha:when I mmc'd that last IVF baby, I immediately paid for immune testing through Dr Beers office in California (I live in Canada far far away, we paid $3000 and sent them 15 vials of blood each through the mail) and the testing diagnosed 2 different forms of clotting problems which will both put myself and my baby in danger. That mc was actually a mmc, at the 12 week scan we found out the baby had died at 8 weeks so I requested a D&C and pathology to see if it was 1. My body or 2. A chromosomal problem with the baby. Turned out that that baby had Turner's Syndrome, had I known that right away I wouldn't have spend the $3000 on immune testing, thank goodness there was a delay in the pathology report! The immune testing was worth every cent.

So they've got me on baby aspirin, and 2 injectable blood thinners/day. This has allowed this pregnancy to survive. Your body is wise and will not allow babies that are sick or chromosomally impaired to go through. I'm sorry you've had to go through a mc. My doc says that some women's bodies work too well, not all eggies every month are good or in some cases like mine with Turner's Syndrome a bad sperm gets in. Some women are super efficient and get pregnant anyways realizing later that there is something wrong with baby. So you're at least hitting the getting pregnant lotto. I also have problems getting pregnant as I have premature ovarian diminished reserves. So after 6 years of ttc, 7 ivf's, 3 with donor eggs for us to get pregnant naturally in Jan while we were getting ready to do our 7th IVF... I chalk it all up to pulling that jackpot machine handle and so many good things came together in one go! And to think I couldn't even remember :sex:that month:rofl: Hope for healthy sperm to meet healthy egg and do everything you can to take care of body while it's hatching that embryo.:hugs:

This is my third pregnancy (including a blighted ovum) that I carried beyond 8 weeks.

All three are extremely different. Right from HCG levels to Morning sickness!
All had just one common symptom that's sore boobs. (I had that for my 4th pregnancy too that was an early miscarriage at 6 weeks.)

Doing a blood draw will help you I think. But stop freaking out. (easy to say I know). Less stress levels contribute to healthy early pregnancy, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->