second pregnancy easier?

rubysoho120

Soon to be mama of 2
Reaction score
Hello. Jumping over from first trimester. I was wondering if you're second pregnancy has been easier, harder or the same? My daughter is almost 15 months and im 9 weeks pregnant. I have two friends who are also having second babies but much closer together. They seems to have a pretty tough time. No labor yet to compare but it's worrying me. Any input welcomed ;)

My second pregnancy has been much harder. I'm a lot more sore, and I'm already having contractions. My son is 15 months old. Not to be the bearer of bad news, it's just been my experience.

All of my pregnancies have been easy, despite the extra appointments and injections due to preterm labor.

Mine has been way easier this time. Didn't have morning sickness for as long had more energy and fewer problems up until this week with some contractions .

Think it's different for everyone

My 2nd was the same, this third time feels much easier

This pregnancy was practically the same as my previous one. Had a few more headaches this time and her movements are more painful the further along I get. But basically pretty easy. I had a good labour (although it ended in an EMCS) so I guess I'll see how this one goes ;)

Mine has been much worse. Granted my son is 4 now which obviously means I'm older, but I felt amazing with my first & this one I've been miserable since th beginning.

My second was exactly the same as the first, even down to getting morning sickness start on the same day! Both ended up as c-sections on Wednesdays at 2-something-pm also.

Very hard. Puking daily with a 16 month old is the worst ever. Plus they're at a point when they need so much from you developmentally. And my labor, while faster, was harder with 2 hours of pushing instead if ten minutes.

But....it's not that bad obviously as I've done it again!!! 23 months apart and 25 months lol!!

This pregnancy for me has def been better so I'm hoping labour is too! Had to be induced last time as she was 10 days late x

I spent my first pregnancy Ill all the way through with many hospital stays, this pregnancy has been 100 x easier I've had no sickness, no hospital stays everything's just been perfect. I did have an easy labour and birth with my 1st though so it will be my luck il have an awful one this time round!

Iv found it harder. My first pregnancy was fairly straightforward apart from a bleed which resolved by 16 weeks. This time iv had awful morning sickness and bled until 21 weeks. I couldn't lift my son and it made things quite difficult. He is 2.5 now and needs lots of attention.
We shall see how labour goes!

X

Hmmmmm easier at the start but once I hit 30 weeks its been hell, am anemic and my SPD reared its uglyhead again at 36 weeks iI can hardly walk. Its frustrating more than anything though I have an 11 month old so very small gap. Its really the end that's been very hard but then it is with your first its just you don't get to spend an hour soaking in the bath feeling sorry for yourself with another baby to take care of. But I wouldn't change it, I planned them close get all this pregnant newborn hell outta the way quick then enjoy life with 2 lovely children's won't be having anymore lol couldn't take another pregnancy.

Harder, but only because I have a lot more to do, a toddler to run around after and not much time to rest or have a lie in :)
I've had a bit more pain this time but I think that's because everything is a bit 'looser'.

I wouldn't consider either pregnancy hard. My first pregnancy was very uneventful and aside from mild heartburn, round ligament pains and tailbone movement restriction, I had no pregnancy discomforts at all. However, my son is special needs and this also fits him in RL as well. He has low muscle tone, severe global developmental delay and extremely complacent. He didn't move while I was pregnant at all so I'm not surprised that it was uneventful. However, I had an emcs so recovery was horrible, long and painful for me.

This pregnancy has been what I feel is typical. I had morning sickness from weeks 7 - 14, horrible fatigue throughout my pregnancy, aches and pains in my hips and lower back, heaviness in my uterus, pains from baby laying on/kicking both bladder and cervix, and all that, plus some other common pregnancy symptoms.. heart burn is starting to kick in now, too.

I'd have to say, both my pregnancies have been more emotionally draining with complications in my babies and being classed as high risk but have been really good to me physically with mild to moderate pregnancy symptoms. I have diabetes but I have most of the same symptoms pregnant on not when it's out of control so I don't contribute that to pregnancy.

I think every woman and every baby is a unique combination so expect all possible scenarios.

This is probably me hardest pregnancy . (Number 3) I think because of fact I run after a toddler all day and get tired sore and uncomfortable. Everything health wise is fine with bubs and I but my first was pretty easy and second was also harder than what my first was . (No morning sickness with first :) )

This pregnancy has been harder.
I had hyperemesis from 6 weeks, so spent a lot of time in hospital in first tri.
Also I'm bigger then I was with my dd, so I'm already occasionally getting back ache which I never had at all with dd.
But overall since the hyperemesis has gone I've felt pretty good so can't complain :)

Honestly? This one is much worse and harder. Every ache and pain is much worse than last time, I have SPD and I never had it this bad with my son once. It's difficult with LO, trying to do stuff with him when I'm in pain and exhausted. The only plus is no morning sickness :haha:

I feel like this one is harder but probably only psychologically, really I think I've had it quite easy but I don't enjoy pregnancy at all!

Last time: Sick once, nausea. Bleeding throughout 2nd tri - very worrisome. Non-stop heartburn from 2nd tri until DD popped out. Agony in hips when lying down for sleep. Anaemia. Not the greatest birth experience, waters broke, no contractions to start with, then ineffective ones... almost 48 hours later just after I had my epidural to be prepped for induction or CS DD popped out with nuchal hand and cord.

This time: Sick once, worse nausea. Long implantation or breakthrough bleed, thought I'd lost baby at 5 weeks but he was still there! Anaemia. Little heartburn. Very swollen and sore perineal area for most of pregnancy this time. Recently having problems with SPD in the sacral joints of my pelvis. Seriously low BP, causing me to crawl around at times I've been so light headed. The pelvic pain and tiredness and having a toddler who is on the potty constantly is making this pregnancy unbelievably exhausting. Crazy BH, even episodes of painful contractions, suffering the heat like never before. Baby squirming down onto cervix, feels like he's going to break my waters or pop out at times, not to mention it is really painful.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to try not to worry. And pray for smooth sailing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->