Second Pregnancy Surprises x.x

dreamingbyday

Reaction score
With my first pregnancy, I got six-eight cute little stretchmarks (two before he was born and the rest popped up after). I was thrilled. This time around, though, I'm only six weeks and those cute little stretchmarks are becoming more noticeable already :'( There are somethings about your second pregnancy that you just don't think about, thinking everything will be the same each time. What other aspects of your second pregnancy have surprised you so far?

With my first pregnancy, I got six-eight cute little stretchmarks (two before he was born and the rest popped up after). I was thrilled. This time around, though, I'm only six weeks and those cute little stretchmarks are becoming more noticeable already :'( There are somethings about your second pregnancy that you just don't think about, thinking everything will be the same each time. What other aspects of your second pregnancy have surprised you so far?

I found out I was pregnant yesterday, and this will be my 2nd baby, and I can already feel that this will be a different experience. I knew I was pregnant last time a week before a test even confirmed it because I had terrible heartburn which I'd never had in my entire life before, but had no nausea .... This pregnancy, I wasn't sure if I was pregnant because I've had no heartburn and only felt nauseous! My mum said that when she was pregnant with me she had heartburn, and when she was pregnant with my brother she had morning sickness....... I'm excited to find out if the same happens to me and if gender has any part in it as my first baby was my daughter :)

So far this pregnancy is the complete opposite from my last pregnancy! This time round I knew I was pregnant because I felt pregnant very early on and last time I didn't know for over two months :dohh: also this time round I have had every horrible symptom under the sun :dohh: :haha: and last time was just a breeze! hopefully this time I won't put on as much weight as I did last time! That's an opposite I would very much welcome! Haha

I've had two very different pregnancies. Mainly related to morning sickness. With my DD I was sick every single day (day and night) from the moment I discovered I was pregnant right up until I was in labour. My pregnancy with DS was amazing - no sickness at all and I had so much energy.

Currently 12 weeks pregnant with #3 and so far I'm experiencing a repeat of pregnancy #1 :dohh:

My first was a dream pregnancy, no sickness, no symptoms of any kind really, I was glowing and happy and blissfully naive! This time I have had nausea, I have placenta previa and am unable to continue exercising and probably because I have a toddler running around am exhausted. I am also kind of nervous about how this new addition will affect our current family unit.....but I am beyond blessed, and I know that in a few years when those kids are pulling tricks on me and their dad that I wouldn't have it any other way!

I found out I was pregnant yesterday, and this will be my 2nd baby, and I can already feel that this will be a different experience. I knew I was pregnant last time a week before a test even confirmed it because I had terrible heartburn which I'd never had in my entire life before, but had no nausea .... This pregnancy, I wasn't sure if I was pregnant because I've had no heartburn and only felt nauseous! My mum said that when she was pregnant with me she had heartburn, and when she was pregnant with my brother she had morning sickness....... I'm excited to find out if the same happens to me and if gender has any part in it as my first baby was my daughter :)

Congratulations!! That's really interesting, about the heartburn versus nausea! I had some pretty crazy nausea the first time around and it was a boy so maybe there is something to it :D I hope so because we're hoping for another girl, although boys are a blast too!

So far this pregnancy is the complete opposite from my last pregnancy! This time round I knew I was pregnant because I felt pregnant very early on and last time I didn't know for over two months :dohh: also this time round I have had every horrible symptom under the sun :dohh: :haha: and last time was just a breeze! hopefully this time I won't put on as much weight as I did last time! That's an opposite I would very much welcome! Haha

Hopefully your symptoms will get easier soon :D
Zomg. Talking about weight x.x I gained 24 lbs with my son. I'm 6 weeks with this baby and I've already gained 5 lbs! Oh man x.x I mean, there's other stuff going on this time (like I'm still in school and very stressed whereas last time I was graduating college). I hope it works out for you though, weight wise!

I've had two very different pregnancies. Mainly related to morning sickness. With my DD I was sick every single day (day and night) from the moment I discovered I was pregnant right up until I was in labour. My pregnancy with DS was amazing - no sickness at all and I had so much energy.

Currently 12 weeks pregnant with #3 and so far I'm experiencing a repeat of pregnancy #1 :dohh:

Oh no x.x I hope you feel better soon, more like your pregnancy with your son!

My first was a dream pregnancy, no sickness, no symptoms of any kind really, I was glowing and happy and blissfully naive! This time I have had nausea, I have placenta previa and am unable to continue exercising and probably because I have a toddler running around am exhausted. I am also kind of nervous about how this new addition will affect our current family unit.....but I am beyond blessed, and I know that in a few years when those kids are pulling tricks on me and their dad that I wouldn't have it any other way!
And blissfully naive haha! Well said. I think it will all work out :D I wasn't so sure if my toddler would like the new baby but he's spent some time at daycare in the past few months and they had a week long unit on how to take care of babies, which he now takes very seriously. He even puts his toys to bed sometimes lol, and talks sternly to us if we're being to loud while his toy is trying to sleep. So I think there's hope for the littles to get in on it too :)

DD pregnancy: Tested at 4 dpo because something didn't feel 'normal' to me. Came back positive. MS from 10-11 weeks and I lasted a day before medication haha. Stretch marks came around 28 weeks. Painful boobs. Gained 2 stone (28lbs)

This pregnancy: I didn't know I was pregnant this time, I was made to take a test by my eldest SIL, no symptoms until the night before I tested (when she mentioned it) then it was to hell with MS worn off completely by 9 weeks. No symptoms again unless I get the odd cramp. Gained 7lb within first 7 weeks so dreading my end weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->