• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Second Scan?

FunnyFace

Lola's mummy
Reaction score
Hello Everyone :)
I had my dating scan at 9+6 and had a letter today saying my doctor has asked to book me in for my next scan and it will be a detailed scan and will be at my county hospital, not my community hospital like last time. It will be at 18 weeks. What's a detailed scan and is this normal to be moved from a community hospital to a county hospital when most people i know in my area stay at there community hospital? Thanks in advance! xx

I would think they just mean that is it your anomaly scan - they look at the baby's body in detail, chambers of the heart, spinal column etc... to check for any possible problems.

I would guess thye probably have you do it there because they are better equipped for the measurements and tests they do at that scan, hun. I can tell you that here, certain ultrasound techs are qualified for certain things, and that can sometimes dictate where one has to go for a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"