Second temp spike t 4DPO? Anyone chart and know what this means?

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
I ovulated on Saturday and had a temp spike on Sunday from 36.4 to 36.7 degrees. Well yesterday at 4DPO and again today my temp went to 37.0. I thought at first yesterday that it was because I woke up 15 minutes later, but today I was up an hour early and it was still high.
I've heard of triphasic charts but read that the jump does not usually occur until day 8 or so. Has anyone else had a second jump like this and know what it means? I just hope I did not get ovulation wrong! I had a +OPK last Friday so I was pretty sure I ovulated on Saturday, especially combined with the first temp spike?

I'm not sure it means anything for sure hun tbh. I had a second temp rise today too at 7dpo but I've always read that you can't tell anything from a single temp and that triphasic patterns occur on as many non pregnant charts as in pregnant charts so I'm not reading too much into any temps myself.

If be pretty sure your o date is still ok x

I'm not sure it means anything for sure hun tbh. I had a second temp rise today too at 7dpo but I've always read that you can't tell anything from a single temp and that triphasic patterns occur on as many non pregnant charts as in pregnant charts so I'm not reading too much into any temps myself.

If be pretty sure your o date is still ok x

Thanks! I jut realized that is could be a slight fever too because my daughter had a tummy bug on the weekend and maybe I am fighting it off even though I have no synptoms! The only time I had a triphasic chart was when I got pregnant woh my daughter, but that was quite a bit later I think. Wish I had saved my chart from way back then!!

So I just looked it up on fertility friend and there is something called a staircase rise, which they define as:
"Staircase Rise
In a staircase pattern, the temperature will rise, stay steady or even slightly decrease and then rise and stay steady again until reaching the elevated level. This may occur over a period of a few days."

They have a bunch of different patterns of post-ovulation rises here:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/courses/lesson.php?p=1;15;0;0

It was interesting to see, and I'm glad it does not mean I issued ovulation because we took a few days break after ovulation from dtd! Just wanted to share the link in case someone has the same question in future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->