Second Time Around...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by seattlemama, Apr 23, 2009.

1. seattlemama

seattlemama Mommy & Pregnant!!

This is my second time TTC and it was a hellish ride with my son. I was super emotional, it took us a while to get pregnant and I swear I cried at least once everyday and I balled each month I started AF. I am really excited to start trying again, but Im dreading it at the same time. Its such an emotional rollercoaster and I dont want to go through it again. I havent been on any birth control since I had my son and he refused to nurse so I havent been nursing, so Im hoping my chances are high... we will see. I just had to vent a minute about my fears of trying again. Im terrified of a MC and afraid it will take a long time again. I also hate the waiting period from the time you ovulate to the time you can test, awful! Anyway, I hope it happens fast!

2. FBbaby

FBbaby ttc our Little Prince

I so now how you feel. My eldest came as an accident, so I assumed it would be easy second time round too. It wasn't! After 5 months of nothing happening without really trying, I took on the TTC wagon and went through all the ups and downs. It took only 5 months afterwards, but it felt like ages at the time.

This time, I thought I would be much more relaxed. To start with, we were not going to start trying until June because I really really would like a baby in spring/summer (after having my two in January 5 days apart). I finally decided to stop taking the pill this month though, in case it takes some time for my cycle to get back to normal....and here I am already coming on the site 10 times a day, spoting symptoms, and...even did a test this afternoon, despite the fact that even if I could be pregnant, it most likely could only be 9days after OV.... no need to say it was negative!!!

I think this is inevitable and better to accept that we are embarking on another rollercoster. After all, when we finally hold that little bundle, it doesn't seem half as bad in retrospective!!

Good luck in the journey and hope for a quick :bfp: this time. :hug:

3. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

good luck hun xxx babydust xxx