Second Time Around

seattlemama

Mommy & Pregnant!!
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a team for those of us who are ttc for #2.

We are on cycle 3 of ttc and we have a 13 month old son, Cameron, who is our little blessing. We are hoping for 2010 baby! DH and I have been married for 4 years this August.

Things we are doing to ttc:

Drinking fertilitea 2x a day
Taking 1350mg EPO a day
On our 2nd cycle using preseed
Opks, of course, Im a poas addict
Charting, just started doing BBT this month
Smep method this month

Share your info! Lets help support eachother through our ttc journey and in expanding our little families! :hugs:

Thanks for starting the team Seattlemama.

We are on month 3 of TTC as well and have a 8 month old little girl, ava, who is the centre of our universe :)

I heard of preseed through this forum and of course ran out and got some right away so will be trying it out this month.

I am a completely obsessive stick pee-er and am so happy to hear i am not alone in this.

Good luck to all this month :)

Thanks for joining ourlittleava!

Do you ever worry about them being too close in age? I know that it will work out the way its supposed to, but sometimes I worry that I am taking my sons "baby time" away from him by having another one so soon. I guess Im not prego yet, so it could be a while and he could get older, who knows. Although now since its been 3 months and nothing I wish we would have started ttc sooner!

How long did it take you to get pg with your DD?

Hi! We've just started into cycle 6, TTC # 2.
Freya will be 4 in October. We've waited a good while before TTC again. At first we were only going to have one child, but as time has gone on we've both changed our minds. We just wanted to make sure we were good and sure before we started.
I have concerns about the age gap. I think probably 2 -3 years would be better... My siblings are all quite a bit older than me (the nearest is 5 1/2 years older) and I spent most of my childhood pretty much as an only. Freya is a lovely girl though, and I just know she will make an excellent big sister.

With Freya (and also one m/c earlier) we got pregnant straight away after I came off bcp. It's starting to piss me off that it hasn't been that easy this time!

I'm taking EPO and folic acid. OH takes a multi vitamin (with zinc and vitamin E, or is it D?) and maca. I take maca too, when I remember!!
I tried OPKs last month, but missed ov. I have decided not to use them any more because I found it a little upsetting. Weird, huh?
I've ordered some preseed which should be here in a day or so.

I think that's me. :)

Hey all, i'm ttc #2 also. I am on cycle 4 after a missed m/c. The age gap between my son so far is 6 years which is big! I feel though that he has had loads of my time and as he now is more independent i have much more time to spend with a new baby.
we have used pre seed for the second time this cycle, it did not work the first time around which deflated me a little as i expected a miracle i have heard so much good stuff! I also have a wiccan fertility spell ring also this is the second cycle of having the ring.
I am due on sometime this week and have no pg symptoms at all in the slightest. I am temping though and my temp is still raised high above my coverline so fingers crossed it stays that way.

:dust: and :hugs: to all xx

hello ladies,

we are ttc#2 too..i have a 5 year old son. i got pregnant with him on my 3rd cycle....
i am now on my 2nd cycle ttc...[-o<

dh is taking folic acid, vitamin e , c and zinc

i am taking folic acid,magnesium vitamin b6,b12, vitamin e, c and zinc

i think i got a positive opk today so.....:happydance: lets hope that :spermy: finds my egg [-o<

so i am guessing the next 2 weeks or so are gonna be exciting again!!!

i hope june is for all of us ....the magical month of :bfp:!!

Hello All,

To answer your question seattlemama, both dh and i wanted to have our little ones close in age as we really want them to grow up together and be close to one another. DH has several siblings who are all much older and so he never had that closeness and i'm an only child...here's hoping that it will work out and the baby dust finds us this month.

With Ava we were very lucky and conceived right away (2nd month after going of the BCP)...so this time around i'm already a bit anxious as it is taking longer and i'm a bit ocd on a good day never mind with something as important as this.

Had heard so much good stuff about the preseed that am hoping that will do the trick...also after reading more info on here am about to run out today and get DH some multi vitamins :)

I am such an obsessed POAS that i kept checking for that BFP up until yesterday (19 DPO) needless to say it was a BFN but i was still hoping as AF was very strange this time around...

Baby dust to all this month!

ha ha i have been finding this group lol

I am in - we are trying for number 2 - my first is kieran and he is 4 in september !!

Good luck everyone

Oh and i am a week late with BFN's

Welcome everyone! Im glad you found it steph, I was about to send you a link but I saw you had posted!

Im glad there are a good few of us ttc. Hopefully we will be able to help eachother on our ttc journey.

What are your concerns about having another baby? Any?

Mine would have to be not having any alone time with my DH. We are already so limited and I know as we have more kids it will just get less and less. Also wondering how my son will handle having another LO in the house. I have my hands totally full with him, he is a little mishcief maker and a wild little man, so it will be interesting to see what its like with two!

https://img902.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2009/06/14/c8313730e489e25edbc9d9fecc9e52f6.gif

=https://www.sparklee.com]https://img902.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2009/06/14/c8313730e489e25edbc9d9fecc9e52f6.gif

I made us a siggy! Copy and paste in your signature and then ut [URL in front of it and [/URL] at the end of it.

I have to admit i have the same worries about time - and i will be back in the wheelchair too so that will have aditional problems and also with hubby being in the RAF he will be away and being on my own with 2 _ eeek how scary

Oh and i will definatly have a C section

My concerns are, the labour. I had a absolutely terrible experience last time i mean i know labour isn't meant to be fun but it was handled very badly by the hospital. It is a very long story but to cut it short me and Kayden nearly died. So that is my major concern but i am willing to go through it again for a baby.
Also a concern is miscarriage as i had a missed m/c in feb this year and i think it will be fairly hard not to worry this time, especially my OH.

Step- that is a fabulous sign! As i am very sure you know some peoples HCG doesn't build up to a detectable amount for a while :)

How is everyone finding the temping?

:dust:

aimee - lol no i wasnt so sure - i thought i was weird - good to kknow thanks hun

I will try and resist testing for another few days

It is sooo hard to resist! I did a test over a week ago as it was in the bathroom although i am not due on for a few more days!
It looks like we are in the same boat, as i see under your name says ttc after m/c feb 09. That is the same time as i had a m/c. I hope you are feeling better as i know it is a very hard time for both you and OH and also with having a child already and having to try to act normally around them. It is so hard.

Here is some :dust: for you, i hope we all get our :bfp: soon!

:hug:

Hey seattlemama, fab siggy!! Red, one of my two favourite colours and sparkly is always fantastic! :D

Thanks Aimee, I love red too, half my house is decorated with red!

I am temping this month for the first time and I am anxious to see what comes of it. I havent really seen anything yet as Im only on cd5. But the last 3 days I have had the same temp, 97.28F every morning. Any adivce on temping? I am going to do the tutorials on FF once I have some time.

Is this going to be your month, girls? I have a good feeling about it, but I dont want to be too positive and get my hopes up.

This IS my month! PMA!!

I want a homebirth this time. I would like a boy but I'm not fussed obviously :blush: We're having more anyway. Going to have a 4D scan again but not finding out the sex this time.

This is definitely my month!!

You're lucky being able to have a 4D scan - I don't think there's anywhere around here that does them.

Awww, 4d scans are wicked!! Do you think you would be able to tell if it was a boy or girl anyway just by seeing the face? My friend had one done and you could tell he was a boy straight away just by looking at it.

It is great to see such PMA around here, i have been very positive the last few months but i don't think this is my month as i feel completely normal. My temp was still high this morning though but i may still have 2 more days left in the cycle. Will wait and see.

So how does everyone think their child is going to take another child? My Kayden is 6 next month and i think he will totally love it. He keeps asking for a brother or sister. He has a very caring nature and i think he will do brill with a younger sibling.

Freya will love it... at the moment she has an imaginary little brother called Little John!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->