Second try At anomly scan.

LauraLoo86

Reaction score
Hiya, did anyone else have to have a second booking coz of babies positioning (facing the wrong way) ? if so what if they still can't see what they r looking for.? Will they rebook it again? is it normal? xx

just me then? :) clearly not normal if none else has had to go back for another scan.

Hey Hun. They almost had to rebook mine because he was moving around too much for her to get the right measurments, he decided to cooperate eventually though. LOL

They rebooked it as the baby wasn't really moving. Ive not felt any kicks either yet not feelings that I know is defo baby moving.. Makes me abit paranoid that maybe somethings wrong with my baby..!

They rebooked it as the baby wasn't really moving. Ive not felt any kicks either yet not feelings that I know is defo baby moving.. Makes me abit paranoid that maybe somethings wrong with my baby..!

Oh wow that'd scare me!! :wacko: did they say they were worried about something being wrong??

I have to go in next tuesday to get mine redone as babys head was measuring to small , hopefully the measurments are better second time around.
I hope yours goes ok :hugs:

No they didn't say anything was wrong they just said we need to rebook you in coz they couldn't see the spin. Just got me a lil paranoid.

It did not happen to me but I have read a few posts on here where that has happened so try not to panic, I ate M&Ms 40 30 mins before my scan, as these always make him get wriggly lol, must be all the e numbers so I avoid them mostly but for scans they came in handy!

Try not to worry, you are still early to feel your lo move, mine has days where I dont feel him either and if they are facing into your back you wont feel them anyway :) good luck with you scan, I am sure all will be fine, keep us posted :hugs:

my baby was headfirst in my pelvis so he was sliding down on to his head, we couldn't get a picture of his face so we are having to go back in a few days. cant wait to see him again :) his all fine and healthy just couldn't see his gorgeous face to check for hair lip as he loves to put his hands near it all the time! he was like it at my 12 week scan too. i do have a retroverted uterus so this is prob why his awkward the little monkey lol .Also to note i had to lay part upside down and we saw him slide towards my belly lol still he wouldn't show us his face, big thumb sucker!! good luck with your scans ladies xxxxx

I had to have 2 anomaly scans and everything was fine.
On the first scan, she managed to do all checks, apart from the final 2 checks on the heart as baby decided to lie belly down so she couldn't see the heart at all.

I had to go out for a ten minute walk to see if it did anything, but it didn't. So I went back for my follow up, about 2 weeks later (should have been sooner but I couldn't go because of work commitments), obviously scan was much quicker second time as she only had the two checks to do, and everything was fine.

It's quite normal if the baby won't get in the right position, doesn't mean anything's wrong. The sonographer said there were quite a few misbehaving babies on the day of my scan... then again it was Friday 13th so maybe that's why!!

I had to have a second scan for the same thing, couldn't see baby's spine properly due the way she was lying - they managed to get a good view at the rescan though so try not to worry!

Please dont worry chick. With my daughter i had to go back because they couldnt see her spine, she was in the wrong position, so went back a week later and they got everything they needed. With this one (also a girl) she wasnt moving at all, i was so worried, they sent me back 3 weeks later because as she wasnt moving they couldnt see her lower limbs or her heart or face. Well the second scan was a different story, she wouldnt stop moving!!! Think she was just having a lazy day, and i posted on here because i was worried she didnt move much and lots of people told me that they had the same thing, im sure if the sonographer was worried about something she would have told you. Hope everything goes well anyway, im sure it will! x

did you get more pictures? lol

We got more pictures - got 2 at the first one and 3 at the second. Mind you that was our choice as we have to pay for the pics in our hospital... and I wanted lots!!

They almost couldn't see evrything they needed on mine but they persisted and it took an hour and a half. Now I am booked for a ri=outine growth scan at 32 weeks when my friend having a baby at the hospital isn't having one. I wonder if it's because the baby measured quite big on a few of the measurements - anyone else having a third scan?>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->