• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Secret Baby Fever?

teevee

Reaction score
I was always the independent type. I was with DH for 10 years before we decided to marry, and that pace was 100% acceptable to me because I was young, in school, then working, and still figuring stuff out. During my "dating" years I never once felt "baby fever" or my "biological clock" ticking or anything like that. But the last year, year and a half or so, I'm noticing that change! Every friend, family member, or even acquaintance that has a baby, I feel a slight yearning for myself to be in that position. It totally caught me by surprise because it's nothing that's ever been in the forefront of my mind all these years being with DH!

DH and I are on the same page about waiting till Dec of this year or possibly early January '16 to TTC, but it's getting harder and harder to not express that I have baby fever RIGHT NOW! Intellectually, I'm totally fine with waiting until the end of the year because we both agreed that it's the best time for us for a variety of reasons, but emotionally/physically that wait is getting harder and harder! And I feel odd expressing that to my family/friends because I was always the one who was totally fine with pushing off TTC as long as possible!

Aaaah! Just wondering if anyone has felt an abrupt change of feelings on this and how you're dealing with it?

Yup! We spent six years believing we'd never have children, briefly discussed last summer and we were both still very undecided. Fast forward to our march holiday where it was decided almost overnight that we would try!

Ever since then I'm ready like NOW lol, we need to wait a bit because we've just moved but otherwise I'd be good to go :thumbup: I'm just concentrating on our house and saving to stay busy.

Yup! We spent six years believing we'd never have children, briefly discussed last summer and we were both still very undecided. Fast forward to our march holiday where it was decided almost overnight that we would try!

Ever since then I'm ready like NOW lol, we need to wait a bit because we've just moved but otherwise I'd be good to go :thumbup: I'm just concentrating on our house and saving to stay busy.

It's crazy how fast thoughts can change! It's like a switch gets turned on overnight!

Hi! I also went through the young & in school, started working, figuring out life, etc. phases with my DH without any thought to having children. In fact, it was DH who was always sure he wanted children sometime in the future, while I was very ambivalent about the idea. However, I realised end of last year that I've reached the stage where I'd like to start trying. Unfortunately, DH wants to wait a couple more years without any set date when he might be ready:growlmad:
It's hard for me to express my feelings on the matter because I can't quite say I'm one of those ladies who are very set on becoming a mother. I can't use a heartfelt yearning as a reason to insist. But I am very ready to take the leap forward towards our next stage of life.
It annoys me to no end when some of our family members try to convince us to have children right here, right now, as if that's the whole purpose of our existence or marriage. At the same time, I do want that baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"