Section cancelled!

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Well I had my section booked for Tuesday due to breech presentation but baby has turned head down so the section is cancelled, I was a bit gutted as I had prepared myself for meeting my little girl on Tuesday but now look's like it's a waiting game!

Tips to get labour going are VERY welcome!!

xx

Congratulations! My baby is currently breech although I have a feeling a manouvre I did last night has helped baby turn. Will only find out in a week at my 36 week appointment.

It really is better off to avoid a c-section if medically possible so well done I'm sure she will arrive soon! Get on those long walks!

congrats, even tho i understand what u mean about preparing yourself up to meet your little girl on tues!
ive heard loads of tips to bring labour on but also know ladies who have tried all of them and baby still came when it felt like it, hope u dont have too long to wait either way hun x

Congrats, i've heard sex is the best way to bring on labour. x

Congratulations hun xx believe me avoiding a section is a blessing! I had to have a section with my first as he was breech and now I have very limited birth options as they have to monitor baby and scar during birth.
I managed a VBAC with my second but had to have drips and all sorts of monitoring equipment!
This time I would have loved a homebirth or a birth in a midwife led unit but these aren't really options for me either because of the section! :(

So massive congrats!!! :)

try lots of :sex: hehehehe xxxxx

Congratulations hun xx believe me avoiding a section is a blessing! I had to have a section with my first as he was breech and now I have very limited birth options as they have to monitor baby and scar during birth.
I managed a VBAC with my second but had to have drips and all sorts of monitoring equipment!
This time I would have loved a homebirth or a birth in a midwife led unit but these aren't really options for me either because of the section! :(

So massive congrats!!! :)

try lots of :sex: hehehehe xxxxx

Thanks hun! That's made me feel a little better and look at the posotive side of this!! :hugs: xx

Congrats about being head down. But how pooey :( Must be gutting to get your hopes up like that and just get your head around it all...for it to all go tits up.

Congrats about being head down. But how pooey :( Must be gutting to get your hopes up like that and just get your head around it all...for it to all go tits up.

Yep, I was soooo excited too, We don't live near family as my hubby is in the forces so we had travelled 4 hours to be with family etc and for the section! So what a waste of time that was :dohh:

Oh well :)

Yep congratulations are in order :) I understand how you feel when you've built up to Tuesday being D-day but it's great that you now have the chance to give birth naturally.

Fingers crossed that LO comes Tuesday regardless! x

congrats on her turning hun, shame you don't have a 'date' as such.
Get walking, bouncing, :sex:, pineapple, RLT and anything else in the books! hehe xxx

Ooh congrats on her turning!! Even though I can all too well appreciate how hard it is not knowing when they'll arrive, it's good to avoid a c-section if you can so it's not all bad. You never know, she might come by then anyway now!

Do lots of things to get her head down nice and low, like walking, going up and down stairs and bouncing on a gym/birthing ball. Then there's :sex: to soften your cervix and various things (that may or may not be utter rubbish!! LOL) to increase the right hormones, like eating pineapple and nipple stimulation. There's no harm in trying I guess!

Thanks ladies I will try a few of these things and see if anything happens! I guess it can't hurt to try :D

You know, the same thing happened with my first born. She was breech. I had a csection scheduled for Sept 23, 2003. (would have been 39 weeks pregnant) Had some uncomfortable pains the weekend before hand, so I went to the doctor on Sept 22, 2003. Doctor discovered that the pains were due to her turning around. He then canceled the section, b/c I no longer needed it (though he thought I still did...). I was bummed out, sure, b/c I had gotten used to the idea that my little one was coming soon. Went home, took a nap, went out to dinner and a movie with my OH, and went to bed. Woke up at 4AM in massive pain, went to the hospital, and she was born about 8 hours later, on Sept 23, 2003. :) So maybe your baby will still come that day on her own!!!

You know, the same thing happened with my first born. She was breech. I had a csection scheduled for Sept 23, 2003. (would have been 39 weeks pregnant) Had some uncomfortable pains the weekend before hand, so I went to the doctor on Sept 22, 2003. Doctor discovered that the pains were due to her turning around. He then canceled the section, b/c I no longer needed it (though he thought I still did...). I was bummed out, sure, b/c I had gotten used to the idea that my little one was coming soon. Went home, took a nap, went out to dinner and a movie with my OH, and went to bed. Woke up at 4AM in massive pain, went to the hospital, and she was born about 8 hours later, on Sept 23, 2003. :) So maybe your baby will still come that day on her own!!!

aww that is such a lovely ending, I hope mine ends like that :D

Congrats on her turning hun, bit of a bummer when your ready to meet her, but it might still happen before then! Ahh I dont have anyone to tell me how it is now! Mines on thursday eeeeeek! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->