Seeing silver sparkles

CharmedKirsty

Reaction score
About 10 minutes ago I saw sliver sparkles. It only lasted about 10 seconds but as this is not the first time it happened, I'd say its the sencond, I decided to do the stupid thing of googling it. I did not read into it too much but it talk about blood pressure. Has anyone else had this? Should I wait until I see my MW next week, call them or go and see the nurse at my GP and get her to check my blood pressure?

Edited to add I have had my blood pressure checked since I last saw them and it was fine.

i actually spoke aloud when i saw this! i experienced exactly the same thing the other day like glittery sparkles! everytime i looked round they would move where i was looking! :wacko:

nooooooo - blurred vision and/or headaches - sort it out now!

I went to the doctors the other day as i was experiencing swelling blurred vision etc but they said everything was fine just to keep an eye on it, i am anameic so they said that could be a reason to the blurred vision :flower:

i see sparkly things all the time that follow my eye when I am moving it. I went to eye dr. b/c thought it was floaters (harmless - look into it - it might be what u have) but he didnt see any...he said it could be from stress!!!! Little stressed??

nooooooo - blurred vision and/or headaches - sort it out now!
nothing is blurry its just like falling silver sparkles.

I went to the doctors the other day as i was experiencing swelling blurred vision etc but they said everything was fine just to keep an eye on it, i am anameic so they said that could be a reason to the blurred vision :flower:
My iron levels are fine but I am worried they will think I'm making a fuss over nothing.

Omg I had this too but just ignored it cause it only happened wen I stood up from the chair, it happened twice but I always have good BP I will say it to midwive at app on Friday. Good luck :hugs:

Omg I had this too but just ignored it cause it only happened wen I stood up from the chair, it happened twice but I always have good BP I will say it to midwive at app on Friday. Good luck :hugs:
Both times its been when I was feeding the cat.

if its when you stand up quick its prob cause its made ur blood pressure drop a little bit if i stand up to quick i get it but i have low blood pressure anyway so get sizzy quite alot x

This has happened to me a few times, last time was when I bent over (should of crouched) to grab a tissue that fell underneath the bathroom sink. I felt lightheaded when I stood back straight and was surrounded by silver sparkles, seeing stars literally! Trippy chit.

I get that all the time. If you get it with blurry vision,headaches etc then it could be linked to high blood pressure but if your blood pressure is fine then its likely to be either low iron or just moving/getting up too quick. I have been feeling rough for a few days,headaches,sparkles,palpitations etc but my blood pressure was fine last time it was checked 2 weeks ago,I have an appt with my MW tomoz so gonna ask.

hi love,
I have had this on a couple of occasions - the first was the beginning of a really severe migrane. I had never had one before and it really freaked me out. I ended up in A&E as my migrane also caused left-sided numbness in my face and arm.

The next couple of times have occured when I have been over-doing it a bit. I asked my midwife and she thinks it could be a combination of tiredness and blood-pressure fluctuation. My BP has been very up and down.

The flashes you describe can be a sign of pre-eclampsia but you should only really worry if they occur when you are doing nothing.

Hope that helps hun.

It must be from moving too fast from the bending down to putting the food back up.

this happened to me the other day when bending over the toilet (puking up something). my dr. said to drink more water. could be dehydrated.

This has happened to me a few times aswell i just ignore it tho :/ its gone after a few seconds anyway :) xx

the falling sparkles can be a vision problem associated with pre eclampsia so should never be ignored! but having said that my mw told me that raised blood pressure and protein in wee would be first factors and the sparkles at a later stage, either way it calls for a bp check and urine check.
I had pre eclampsia with my last pregnancy so am always on high alert for it so I always get checked out when I have vision probs.Had a few episodes of the flashes but usually always when I go from dark to brightly lit areas or when I bend down and stand up too quick.Usually nothing to worry about, especially if you have floaties normally in eyes like I do but I'd always get it checked x

I have had this a few times too and only since being pg. It always happens to me when I have just got up from lying or sitting down. I think in my case it is a blood pressure thing. My BP has always been low and most of the time in this pregnancy it has been about 100 over 60 or sometimes lower so I do think low BP can cause this.

yeah i had it aswell i had my bp checked as i knew it can be a sign of bd dropping and as mummyzilla said pre eclampsia
i would say next time ur at midwife but if u get it agen i would give them a phn right away
i only had it that 1 time but if i had it agen id defo phn midwife right away its not worth taking chances hun xx

Some of you are saying it can be a sign or pre eclampisa, thats to do with high blood pressure isnt it?
Ive got low blood pressure so i think the reason ive had it before was due to that :S

My blood pressures back up now and i havent had it in ages :/ xx

Some of you are saying it can be a sign or pre eclampisa, thats to do with high blood pressure isnt it?
Ive got low blood pressure so i think the reason ive had it before was due to that :S

My blood pressures back up now and i havent had it in ages :/ xx

Yes, pre-eclampsia is usually assocaited with high BP and there are often other signs like protein in the urine and sometimes swelling of the hands, feet and face. I think the sparkles can be associated with either high or low BP - in my case definelty low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->