seeking advise

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Tulip77, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Tulip77

Tulip77 Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,I'm Tulip. I have trying to conceive for many years which only resulted in a miscarriage & gave me more heartache. I have PCOS & have completed all tests to have ivf treatment. But doctor has advised me to lose weight (10kgs) and then I can start ivf treatment right away. Now can I ask u lovely people what advise u hv for me. I am trying hard to lose weight which doesn't seem to shift. Dr adv with PCOS its very tough to lose weight but am trying...I feel as though my dream to have this lil' miracle for the

2. thedog

thedog Guest

Hiya Hun, if you really need to lose weight then i think don't do it too drastically, just make really small changes, not all at once.
    Meals such as pasta, potato's are really filling and low fat, as long as the potions are reasonable then you can make some good meals out of those if you fancy it.
    Don't completely ditch all the choccies though :winkwink:

I wish you all the best and lots of babydust :hugs:
    :dust::dust:

3. Nimyra

Nimyra Mom of two and one angel

I'm not sure your doctor's request is reasonable. You are right, it *is* very hard to lose weight with PCOS... Perhaps you should seek the advice of an endocrinologist. Maybe they could help with the hormonal issues that interfere with losing weight.

I don't really have much advice on this topic... maybe there is a good book out there for women with PCOS who want to lose weight. Anyone else know?