Seems Like Forever!

Poloma

Mum to 3 Little Stars
Reaction score
My lil man (3) has been undergoing lots of assesments by different health care workers since the age of 2.
Due to his speech delay and lack of social skills.
I know we are going in the right direction and he is being offered lots of help to enable him to progress and catch up with his peer's, just seems like we have been waiting forever to get any kind of diagnosis.
I know you cant rush these things but I just feel like I have to explain to everyone we meet why he doesnt reply or look at them when they say "Hello" or play with other children. Makes me feel so sad for him when all the other kids at nursery have thier friends and he doesnt. Granted he is a very happy little boy and very bright (even nursery staff have commented on this) he know's the alphabet, and I dont mean just parrot fashion either. He recognises individual letters and numbers up to 20, can use a computer (turn it on and load his fav pre school game) and is a whizz with a digital camera and mobile phone! lol

Any way sorry for the ramble! thanks for reading xXx

Aww hun you are not rambling...:hugs:

Can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be for you to see all other kids at nursery with their friends...i admire your strength :hugs:

I hope they diagnose your little man soon hun :hugs:

Hi, your son sounds alot like my duaghter, who was diagnosed with Pervasive Development Disorder on Oct. 29/07. It is a ASD. You pretty much described my little girl to a T...but, she has made dramatic improvements in the last couple months. :hug: I am here if you ever want to chat or ask questions.

awww he does sound really intelligent! amazing little boy! It is such a shame that he isnt making friends as well but he is happy and that is main thing!

It must be so emotional for you:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->