Self settling tips

TTC LADY

Reaction score
Unless we pick Riya up and rock her back to sleep each time she wakes up, she awakes fully crying. We've not tried controlled crying as I think she's too young, so any tips on how I can get her to fall back to sleep on her own, without taking her out of cot and rocking her to sleep, which may cause problems when she's bit older in case she gets used to it.

Thanks.

I always pop my LO down just befor she is asleep after some rocking. I make sure when I start to settle her, she has her soft blankey thing on her head so when she goes down it stays with her. I think because she is not quite asleep she settles herself. I gave up singing to her or using the mobile because when they stopped she would scream. she seems to like silence! It doesn't always work but we want to avoid rocking to totlal sleep too - on bad nights we do use it though!

We shush her or sing to her while she's in her cot and rub her back or pat her bum at the same time, then make a gradual exit.

With Violet, I always used to put her down drowsy but not actually asleep and if she started crying, I'd go in, pick her up and give her a cuddle. Once she stopped crying, put her down, repeat kiss and say goodnight and go out the room. Rinse and repeat if she starts crying.

Although saying that, we've been very lucky and it's rare that she won't settle but on the nights she doesn't, the above method works very well. End up going in to her maybe 3 times max? Takes half hour at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->