Self soothing...?

I dont think id let him cry but is this self soothing?
I justburled him after feeding, still a little windy but always is i put him down drosy androcked cot for 2 mins n played some music andd hes fallen asleep!

Yes that's great. :thumbup:

Woop it happened twice!
The next after a pooy bum change. Stroked hos nose and had to go pack twice but eventualy he fell asleep

I just go with him. If he wants rocking or cuddling to sleep then I do it. Other nights I can put him down and he will just go straight to sleep. It's up to him how he gets to sleep lol!

Personally I would just advise you to stop listening to anyone who tells you babies must self soothe - its all a load of bollocks. I spent the majority of my son's life so far stressing about the fact he can't self soothe when in all honesty I don't actually care either way, it's just that I read so much and was told so much that he had to that it started driving me crazy! Just do what works for you! If you're happy feeding or rocking to sleep, then feed or rock to sleep and don't care what anyone thinks about it! If you want to try a little sleep training when your LO is older, then do it, and don't care what anyone thinks about it! I have lost way too much time stressing about this issue and I regret that I can't get that time back.

As for our situation - well my son has needed help to sleep since the day he was born and I still feed him to sleep - and I am happy with it! I just wish I'd been able to be happy with it all along instead of stressing about him not self settling. He is getting to the point now where I feed him until almost asleep and put him down and he does the rest himself. He also can self soothe in the middle of the night now and last night slept from 7pm-4:30am before waking at all. I am happy with his progress and I'm happy with how we're getting there.

So to reiterate - do what makes you happy! There is no right or wrong way and there's no magical timeframe you have to conform to with self settling.

That's good :) I find nose stroking helps to get Alfie drowsy while he's feeding. It's a good trick!

With emily it was around 6 months and nathan has been able to self soothe since birth on his own xx

:rofl: Pictured rocking my 3 year old and him yelling "faster faster!!" like when we merge on the freeway :D

Im going with the flow then
Sometimes he just wants a cuddle n will get it
If hes drosy ill put him down and see. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->