What exactly is it?
When does it happen?
What are the signs?

My LO is 1 next week
Starting to refuse the breast and no longer falling asleep on it

She never gets to sleep without it so its a very stressful time here

Any info would be greatly appreciated

xxx

I believe it is about LO deciding when to end BFing by dropping feeds or refusing to take it. It can happen anytime around the 1 year mark, so you maybe on course for it? I'm not sure what other signs there may be - Hope someone else can help :flower:

ty hun. shes been so fussy on the breast

always been a distracted feeder hitting me or pulling off and looking up any time there is a sound!

but lately shs been crying as i put the breast to her and not wanting to take it

she doesnt self settle though so im not sure how the heck to get her to sleep

have you checked shes not getting her molars? they can caus problems when it comes to feeding for a bit

1 is a common nursing strike age, so if you wanted to stop nursing, now might be a good chance to encourage it. It's quite unusual for a child to actually self wean at that age. It's generally over 2 years. A good sign of self weaning is that the child is slowly reducing feeds, whereas a nursing strike is often more sudden. People who have children who have self weaned often can't remember the last time they fed as the feeds have become so infrequent.

If you're ready to stop, avoid offering, and it will probably be an easy transition for her.

its the only way she gets to sleep so im still offering. she was up every 30 mins after 3am last night taking milk so she still wants it at night :(

Have a look at this on nursing strikes. There's this too about reverse cycling (when a baby feeds at night rather than in the day).

I hope it passes soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"