selling their story

weestar21

Reaction score
https://www.stv.tv/content/news/mai...news/Scots_Marine_thought_he_would_face_firin

im sorry but isnt this their job!! i dont think they should be allowed to sell it to make money :dohh:

I too disagree with them selling it, telling the story is one thing, but selling it (especially whilst still in the forces) is wrong, even for charity!!

its not the fat they have been through such a horrible time but its now brough everyone in the armed foruces down, if some of them get away withselling their stories then everyone else is going to think

'what the hell ive been through the same im gonna make a 6 figure sum now'

im sorry they signed up to do a job go into battle ect if they didnt want to do it then they shouldnt have signed up. to make money from it makes me mad because all of those people who were killed in 9/11 i bet their fanmilies never got any compensation from such a heart braking loss.

sorry rant over im just mad :hissy:

People from 9/11 did get compensated

I think the fact they are selling it to newspapers makes it worse , especially the sun and they definetly shouldnt be allowed to do it whilst still serving. But i expect some of them will probably buy themselfs out of the forces after they get the money for the story.

as for the marine selling his story , that goes against everything they stand for. He obvioulsy isnt proud of the green beret he earned to wear on his head.

It also shows total disraspect to the soliders that have been tortured or executed in the past.

The thing that makes me really uncomfortable about this, is the way the government critisised Iran for putting them on TV and manipulating them via the media (allegedly) and the first thing we do when we get them home is set up a press conference and allow them to sell their stories.

Double standards anyone? :roll:

The thing that makes me really uncomfortable about this, is the way the government critisised Iran for putting them on TV and manipulating them via the media (allegedly) and the first thing we do when we get them home is set up a press conference and allow them to sell their stories.

Double standards anyone? :roll:

Yet another reason for the west to be hated

Completely disagree with them doing it. It cheapens them in my eyes.

Pleasedon't get me started on this as an (ex) service woman i find it totally bloody inapropriate!

Hopefuly they will be pulled up and court marshalled as there are rules about this sort of thing ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->