Semen Analysis Do's and Don'ts

Sarah20109

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

My hubby is due to get his SA any day now, and he asked me what the "rules" where to getting one done, and I realized that I have absolutely no idea!

So from your experiences-- what are the do's and don'ts for getting a SA? Anything he needs to do, or not do before he goes in?

Thanks!

Do not use a condom
Try to get it all into the collection cup
No sex 2-3 days before hand (so they say)
Deliver to the lab within 1 hour of collection (note the time taken)
Keep it warm on the way there. tuck under your arm, up your top, under your breast etc (in the cup that is ;)

just an addition to the above post, which I agree, especially the keeping it warm (keep sample container under armpit if providing sample offsite) and time sensitivity - must me received within the hour
abstain from sex/maturbation for at least 2 days, but no more than 5
do not use lubricants/saliva or vaginal or oral sex
hand stimulation (dry) only
between the hours of 9am and 2pm (though they MAY be due to our clinic hours, but I have heard sperm count/strength is better in the morning)

All that was based on my DH having his SA a few weeks ago and they gave it to him printed out

Keep it simply, just let him masturbate with no lubrication at all, and put the sample in the cup. If you do it at home, be sure to get it to the office in a max. of 30 minutes. No condoms, lub, saliva, no sex.....just dry masturbation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"