Semen Analysis Results...Help Please!

MKAC2005

Reaction score
My OB/GYN ordered the test and I got the results back yesterday. I'm still pretty confused. The results are low rapid motility (forward progression), borderline low. My OB is suggesting IUI?

Here are the results:

Volume - 1.9ml
Sperm concentration - 156million per ml
total count - 296 million
motility - 71%
progression - rapid: 01 slow: 54
Normal Morphology - 28%
Abnormal Morphology - 72
Head - 71
Midpiece - 10
Tail - 10
Cytoplasmic Drop - 22
Sperm Agglutination - 5-10%
Round Cells - 2-5 Million/ml
PH - 8.2
Appearance - Light Yellow
Viscosity - Moderate

I don't even know what all of this is and my OB didn't know all of it either...go figure.

:hugs: I am in the exact same boat as you hun, all our GP said was his count was 'amazing' didn't really go into detail at all. *sigh*

Did your GYN say why they suggested IUI?

I guess because there's a lot that aren't forward swimming. She said it means they're going in circles or the wrong way?

My OB/GYN ordered the test and I got the results back yesterday. I'm still pretty confused. The results are low rapid motility (forward progression), borderline low. My OB is suggesting IUI?

Here are the results:

Volume - 1.9ml
Sperm concentration - 156million per ml
total count - 296 million
motility - 71%
progression - rapid: 01 slow: 54
Normal Morphology - 28%
Abnormal Morphology - 72
Head - 71
Midpiece - 10
Tail - 10
Cytoplasmic Drop - 22
Sperm Agglutination - 5-10%
Round Cells - 2-5 Million/ml
PH - 8.2
Appearance - Light Yellow
Viscosity - Moderate

I don't even know what all of this is and my OB didn't know all of it either...go figure.

The results suggest that your husband has a lot of abnormally shaped slow moving sperm. That means that not only does it take a long time for the sperm to get to the Fallopian tubes but even if the sperm make it to the egg, they probably would have a hard time fertilizing it because they are abnormally shaped. A IUI would probably be appropriate...or you could get a second analysis performed.

We have one biological child together. she took 2 cycles to conceive. This was also 7 years ago. DH has started vit c and zinc daily. Do you think this could help?

Does anyone else have any thoughts or input? I'd really like to know if there's any vitamins etc he can take for this issue? Do I really need to have a IUI? I'm just not sure what to do. ...

My DH had abysmil morphology and after 3 months of zinc and vitamin C we got our "impossible" BFP. Our daughter is going to be born on the 24th of this month. We also used preseed.

My DH had abysmil morphology and after 3 months of zinc and vitamin C we got our "impossible" BFP. Our daughter is going to be born on the 24th of this month. We also used preseed.

Thank you for giving me some hope that we can still do this on our own!

Motility is fine at 78% but you need to improve how progressive it is, vit c 1000mg and vit e 400iu daily will definitely help and it also helps with agglutination (sperm cells clumping together). Morphology is fine :thumbup: according to WHO guidelines, anything above 4% is considered normal. The viscosity should be low, colour should be opaque and round cells should be <1 million, as his is moderate viscosity, yellow in appearance and high round cells it suggests infection and a course of antibiotics should fix it. Increasing water intake will also help with viscosity. I suspect you'll get your :bfp: soon :)

Assuming nothing has changed with my fertility. I have regular periods every 22-26 days, I get positive OPK's every month as well as confirmed O with temping. I also get EWCM and increased libido around O time as well as using softcups and preseed. Like I mentioned DH is on 1,000mg Vit C daily and 50mg Zinc daily. There are so many other vitamins that are suppose to help as well but maybe just adding Vit E also will help enough?

Vit e is a free radical fighter so its great for sperm cells :thumbup: men also need folate so add 400mg folic acid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"