semen analysis results?

amandah507

Mommy to Aubrielle
Reaction score
so we got the phone call yesterday from kevin's urologist. however, he talked to them and didnt ask many questions so i'm trying to figure out what the results mean. ive looked a bit online, but i think its just confusing me more?! help! :dohh: they said the normal range is 60-200 and he is at 55. they said it is absolutely nothing to be concerned about and the slight decrease can be caused from stress. i think im mainly trying to figure out what this number represents? could it have an effect? what causes this, things other than stress?

If they said its nothing to worry about then I wouldn't worry. good luck .

Men don't ask the right questions do they!! DH got his results over the phone and barely asked any q's either...frustrating aren't they ;)

I think what he means is a healthy amount of sperm is 60 - 200 million and your DH's sperm count is 55 million. A bit strange because our doc told us that 20 - 200 was considered normal, and my DH's first came back at 15, and they said the same i.e. a tad low but nothing to worry about.

The stress thing is totally true - when DH did his first one I'd just lost a baby, he'd just started a new job and he'd had flu. He repeated the test 3 months later and this time it was better - I don't know exactly what the result was, as the doc apparently told him it was "well above 20, and that's great" and I was like, but how much above 20? DH never even thought to ask....sigh.

So I'm sure it's all fine and nothing to worry about, maybe get him to take a multivit, eat a bit more fruit+veg etc if he doesn't already and he'll be grand :)

Good luck x

So I'm sure it's all fine and nothing to worry about, maybe get him to take a multivit, eat a bit more fruit+veg etc if he doesn't already and he'll be grand :)

Good luck x

thank you! i was so frustrated, we waited four agonizing days for the results then he calls me while im working and gives me these results, i'm like well what does it mean and he said uhh i don't really know, i didn't ask. grr! lol but sounds like all is well with him. hopefully my upcoming appointment will reveal some useful information! prayers please? [-o<

Men! Tut :)

Fingers crossed for you and all your tests...really hope everything comes back ok :hugs:

Are you talking about the count?

i don't really know. lol those are the only numbers i got out of the conversation. so im guessing that like someone else said, )not sure who, sorry), its a count but in millions? maybe. :shrug:

Are you talking about the count?

i don't really know. lol those are the only numbers i got out of the conversation. so im guessing that like someone else said, )not sure who, sorry), its a count but in millions? maybe. :shrug:

they probably meant the count is 55 million but if your not sure I am sure you could call and ask.

Good luck x we get our SA results on wednesday! nervous and excitied.

i'm not sure about the numbers sorry, i assume that if he hasn' been asked to do another sample its a good sign???? xx

i'm not sure about the numbers sorry, i assume that if he hasn' been asked to do another sample its a good sign???? xx

With my husband, no one called us to tell us that his numbers were low. It was only because I was curious and asked them for the results when I found out that the test was bad and that was like 3 weeks later lol.

With my husband, no one called us to tell us that his numbers were low. It was only because I was curious and asked them for the results when I found out that the test was bad and that was like 3 weeks later lol.

wow slh :hugs:

The good news is that when he had his repeat SA everything came back okay. It was all borderline, but it was still normal. He wouldn't have passed the old WHO standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->