• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Semen Analysis

jwoot

Reaction score
Hi guys!

So finally, FINALLY after dreading my appointment for months, I have my OB on board to help us conceive. I have PCOS and do not ovulate. The first test she wants to do is a semen analysis to make sure that the problem is with me only and my husbands "little swimmers" are fine. My question is, I live 45 minutes away from the lab and I'm told that I have up to an hour to get it there. My husband doesn't want to produce the specimen at the lab (Men *SMH*) so I have to take the specimen myself. My question is this, I have to keep it body temp all the way there. Whats the best way to do that? Thanks to everyone who responds.

Yay - great news about them being on board :dance:

When my hubby took his, he put it in his pocket until he got to the lab and passed it over.

Well if he really doesn't want to do it there then u have no choice! Just keep it as close to ur body as u can until U get there.

If its any use, I have PCOS too. I'm not havin any major symptoms in the way of excess weight or hair but I don't ovulate and no periods. My OH had a SA and that came back fantastically normal. My FSH etc is normal and bloods were typical of a PCOS lady. I had to have an internal ultrasound and HSG n now I'm starting provera and clomid xx

I'm already taking Prometrium and I'm hoping that if everything comes back normal with DH's SA that she'll start me on Clomid. I'm so excited but nervous at the same time.

Tee hee....I've had to do this before a few times. Once i tucked it inside the front of my bra and the other i put it in the waistband of my pants to keep it body temperature :)

Yes, i know...gross! But you do what you gotta do!

popchick, I did the same thing when I took my husband's specimen in lol

DH sample was in the collection cup, wrapped in a plastic bag, tucked in my pant waist band sitting on my left hip if that helps.

Actually my fertility nurse told us that if I'm bringing it in or going to be with my dh when he brings it in, to put it right in my cleavage.

Actually my fertility nurse told us that if I'm bringing it in or going to be with my dh when he brings it in, to put it right in my cleavage.

Ya must have bigger boobies that me, lol. It wouldn't have touched the sides with me haha.

Hi, a year ago we had the same problem. my husband did 2 sperm tests. The results were low sperm counts. 100% immobility so very low chance of conceiving. Turned out a month later, I got pregnant! (We only tried for 4 months) I mean What the? When I went to my OB, he said you should always do sperm tests at the fertility lab and should never do it at home or wait for the courier to come and pick it up as by the time it reaches the lab, they are mostly dead. I guess this probably what happened to us. Now I have a 3 months old baby. I still dont know if my husband really had low sperm counts or just a miracle. Bottom line is to be accurate, do the tests at the fertility lab. Hope this advice helps :)

Thanks for all the responses. I tucked it into my bra and drove straight there. Hoping for good news. I meet with my dr this week to discuss clomid if everything looks ok with the SA. Fingers crossed.

Just and update...and a happy happy dance.....DH's SA came back Perfectly NORMAL!!!! So now we know the problem is with me....going tomorrow for an ultrasound and to talk about clomid. Wish me luck!!!

Ull be fine! Sounds pretty same as me, I was diagnosed with pcos so my other half had a SA to check that was ok n it was actually fantastically perfect!!

Sooooo...I had to have an internal ultrasound, bloods and a HSG just to explore my pcos. Ultrasound was typical of pcos and so were the bloods. HSG showed I have no problems with my Fallopian tubes and I'm going to be starting clomid tomorrow or Monday. Good luck!!

I also started Clomid this month. I was starting to get worried because today was day 17 and so far no positive ovulation tests, but I took one just now for cramping and had a blinking smiley face. Fingers crossed.

good luck jwoot! what dose of clomid are you on?

50mg this month. Took another test this morning and am still getting the flashing smiley....

Good luck this month! Is your doctor monitoring you so you can see how many follicles you are getting and what size they are?

No. The only instructions I have are to call back in 35 days if I do not get a period and we'll go from there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"