Semen Analysis

Miracle2014

Reaction score
Hello All,
DH and I just came from the RE. After reviewing my labs and everything, he concluded that I have been responding to Clomid and said that I should be pregnant by now (No s***!)lol. So he wanted to do check two things. First he wanted to do a SA on DH and if that comes back fine, he wants to check my tubes since I had a C Section with DS.

My question is, if it comes back that DH has low sperm count, what type of medication is available and how long does it normally take before we can start trying again? Has anyone been through this?

We just received the results of DH's SA yesterday and he came back with low sperm count.
We were recommended something called Orthomol Fertil Plus but after some research opted for fertilsan. It is all basically vitamins, beside that and some lifestyle changes there is not much that you can do I think.
I hear good things about FertilAid for Men, it is not available in Germany otherwise we would have tried it as it is a lot cheaper.
If you google some there are several vitamins for men to improve sperm count.
We'll see if it helps I guess..

Thank you for replying!! I honestly think that my husband has a low sperm count bc when we were ttc, we had sex everyday--which would make the count even lower!! Our results should be back Monday!
Thanks

We've low SC and Motility and Morphology, no meds suggested to us. We're waiting for IVF treatment later this year.
I responded to clomid, but no luck with it. DH is on fertilaid but no improvement seen.
Diet can help, life style changes can help, as can having him wear loose underwear. Loosing 10% body weight can also help, if they're willing to make these changes.. that is.

Good luck to you.

My hubby takes Fertilaid, I know you said it isn't available in Germany but there has to be something similar to it. He is on his 2nd bottle and I'm just now starting a new cycle.

My hubby takes Fertilaid, I know you said it isn't available in Germany but there has to be something similar to it. He is on his 2nd bottle and I'm just now starting a new cycle.

Oh yes as I said we ordered Fertilsan over here. It just costs more. But we still decided to go ahead and try it for 2 or 3 months to see if it goes anywhere.
Planning on a trip down south to the Army base in summer so if they have it there we can still switch. :)

My OH has a low sperm count and we got pregnant on cycle two but sadly ended in mc :-(

We are worried we may not get another chance so he too is visiting the doc to discuss our options.

Wishing you lots of luck xx

Thanks Ladies,
I have heard a lot of good things about FertiliAid..My only question is, how long does it take to improve sperm count?

Oh yes as I said we ordered Fertilsan over here. It just costs more. But we still decided to go ahead and try it for 2 or 3 months to see if it goes anywhere.
Planning on a trip down south to the Army base in summer so if they have it there we can still switch. :)

Awesome :) good luck!

Thanks Ladies,
I have heard a lot of good things about FertiliAid..My only question is, how long does it take to improve sperm count?

We were told if it does help at all then the result in 2 or 3 months should be better.

We're noticing improvement with DH now, and he's been on it around 2 months now. Less messy waste after the deed.

Ladies, well fertilsan has worked for us. We bought 6 months worth and I got a positive test after 5. DH had a low count (12million) and only 2% normal shapes. I am only 9 weeks now so I don’t want to shout about it. :) I tried both FertilAid and Wellman Conception until I realised that it is a false economy. You are saving a few bucks/pennies, but you pay for what you get - the worst thing is the uncertainty of not knowing whether you are wasting your time or not. Once I realised that I was not doing everything I can, not making the big changes to my life, not buying the best supplements, it became clear to me that I was wasting everyone’s time. If you look closely you can see that the cheap supps don’t have any meaningful quantities of amino acids or antioxidants. They sell you a few mg of vitamin C and zinc and suddenly it’s a fertility supplement. :dohh: fertilsan M, orthomol fertil plus and Proxeed plus were the best ones I could find, and fertilsan M is the cheapest of those three so I bought that and their fertil F to get myself ready.. and it worked - fingers crossed!

If the count is low the doctor should order some testing of your husbands hormone levels often low testosterone is the cause of low sperm count, and there are ways to raise his own testosterone through HCG or menopur shots, , he should also be checked for A varicocele its elongated, dilated vein that drains the testicle leading to low sperm count. low nutrition can also cause low sperm count and getting him on a multivitamin and other supplements can help raise sperm count .

My husband has a low sperm count and motility, we were taking fertilaid but our consultant told us that it has absolutely no effect on sperm count or motility and that the best things to try are vitamin C and zinc

My OH was put on a drug called Tamoxifen for 12 weeks and his motility has risen to a "normal" range

We're now on clomid (first cycle) even though I ovulate naturally and if still no luck after 4 cycles we've been advised to think about IVF

Miracle2014, didn't you have a HSG to check your tubes before going on clomid? I thought that was normal procedure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->