Sensitive?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by NotSoWorried, Apr 22, 2009.

1. NotSoWorried

NotSoWorried Well-Known Member

Heya;

I have a really sensitive bit on my tummy, left of my belly button. It feels like I have a massive bruise, but I don't. Just wondering if anyone else has this and what it means?

I was thinking perhaps the placenta?

2. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

I've got one either side, but I know it's sort of bruising from itching in the same spots for the past few weeks... could it be this?

3. Sam_Star

Sam_Star Mummy to a Battle Maiden

Didnt wnat to read and run hun!! I've never had this but im sure someone will be able to help you if not ask your MW xx xx

4. NotSoWorried

Haven't been itchy at all. It's inside though, as I said like a bruise. Just inside. Not sure if I should be worried.

5. Cazza89

Cazza89 Mummy of 1,expecting no.2

I had this. I was worried too! It went within a few days hun. Nothing to worry about! X

6. ashnbump

ashnbump Mum to Kara & Pregnant!

hey hun, ive never had this myself but i have read somewhere (cant remember where) that if you get a tender spot on your tummy, it COULD (probably isn't so don't quote me on this lol) be a placental abruption, as they don't always lead to bleeding, anyway im a full on believer of "better safe than sorry" and although i HIGHLY doubt it is this hun, theres deffo no harm in being careful xxxx p.s cud just be sore muscles lol xxxxx

7. Rees

Rees Mummy and Pregnant

saw this in sept-embryo's but forgot to reply (been reading a lot of posts!)

i've kinda had this, but all over that area around my belly button

i think it's just a bit of stretching or something, mine seems to have stopped now, but i only noticed it when i was scratching bump and prodding to see where it is (i swear it's moving from side to side and bumping into things, think it was prodding something soft which hurt the other day - little bugger!)

8. NotSoWorried

Oh god, I hope it's not a placental abruption. But I have my scan on 11th, so I think I'll just wait to see if it goes. But if it gets worse, I'll dial my midwife.

Hopefully it's just stretching. Just had a felt of the bump and seem to of lost it, but it might just be hiding.

Babies, ey!

9. ashnbump

ashnbump Mum to Kara & Pregnant!

please dont worry hun, i really do doubt it is that, but i always like to know the worst possible out come so i can worry over nothin lol, u'll be completely fine im sure, don't even think twice about it hun, baby is just growin and makin ur tummy sore lol! what ever you do don't bloody google lol, it makes the paranoia a million times worse haha xxxxxx

10. NotSoWorried

Yeah, that's very true.

I've google'd plenty and it's made me constinately worry.

I'm excited about the scan but moreso worried.

11. Bumblebee23

Bumblebee23 mum of 1 & pregnant

hi! i get the same feeling every day when i walk to a from school with my son-its up a hill and takes about 45mins there and back-i think its just stretching as when i get home and put my feet up it soon goes!
    :coffee: :icecream: