sensitivity downstairs?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by Maman, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Maman

Maman Guest

this happened last time i had a baby too, ive got thrush, im pretty sure its all these nasty sanitary towels, i hate them so much. i dont usually get periods so im not used to wearing them and they give me really bad thrush, last time i thought it was never going to go. do you think i could wear a tampon during the day?

2. Vixie

Vixie Well-Known Member

same here! ive got nasty thrush its been reoccurant since having ellie, i think its from all the pads then wearing liners all the time. Ive been given a pessary and cream, i cant even think about using tampons till its cleared up its so sore. but they usually say 6 weeks before tampons? ask your gp hun, i suppose its just what your comfortable with :) x

3. Maman

Maman Guest

i had a look online and all the things say no, but my son has oral thrush and i have mastitis and my doc says its likely to be caused by the iv antibiotics i had when i had him, and so i have some medication now.