Sentimental gift for boys first birthday?

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi, I've never posted in this bit before so hope I'm in the right bit?

I've heard people suggest getting a little girl a charm bracelet for her first birthday and then getting a charm every year after that. Does anyone have any ideas for a boy equivalent? We've got him toys and books etc but I wanted to get him something special too, that we can add to each year?

Any ideas welcome. Thanks x

My SIL got my LO a gorgeous bracelet with his name on as a christening present. It's really beautiful and not at all girly.
Maybe something like that? xx

How about a photo frame of the family, with his hand and foot prints from when he was born and then again from when he turned one? Not sure how you could add on to that though. Just a thought?

A friend of mine buys her children a book that she can remember reading at their age, and writes a little message in the front. Being an avid reader myself I love this idea! :)

When my lo was born I had her name carved on a small toy box, not sure how you'd add to that tho. Did one for my godsons christening pressie too.

You could have a scrapbook and put thongs in reflecting back on first year and add to it each yr. You could pics of days out/ first tooth etc with little comments/ stories against them.

Aw I'm stealing these ideas! For ash I got a big wooden box and decorated it and he has that as his memory box which I add special things in as the years fly by!
Also I like to get ash the books where they put his name in the story. He loves them.

Not sure on something you can add too, but I have just bought my LO a terramundi money jar. They are the jars that you can't get into without smashing. They come with a wish card that you put in with the first coin. They reccomend you smash them once full and use the pot as a flower pot or something. Also it's apparently custom to replace the pot once smashed. Various websites personalise them so you can get the child's name on it etc.
Quite a nice idea?xxx

I saw this baby blanket idea. Whatever clothes go small on him, get them stitched onto a baby blanket. As he grows and more clothes go smaller, get them stitched onto another bigger blanket. He and you guys will cherish those memories forever. Since I am traveling in India, saw this Indian baby handmade brand doing a great job BabyMubarak
Hidden messages inside, from your side to him (Zip pockets on the underside of the quilt with a letter or some messages) can be a wonderful thing

Hi, I've never posted in this bit before so hope I'm in the right bit?

I've heard people suggest getting a little girl a charm bracelet for her first birthday and then getting a charm every year after that. Does anyone have any ideas for a boy equivalent? We've got him toys and books etc but I wanted to get him something special too, that we can add to each year?

Any ideas welcome. Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"