Separated stomach muscles - will it ever go back??

phoebemum

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Not sure if this is the place to post but need some advice.

I have just had my second daughter.

My stomach muscles split last time but went back to normal very quickly.

This time my stomach feels different.

It looks like I'm 5 months pregnant and I hate it.

I have 2 stone to lose now and I'm sure that will get it down but I wanted to know if anyone had this and now has a flat stomach again.

I know I'll always be a bit saggy but this looking pregnant is horrendous.

Please someone tell me they got back to normal!!

Thanks xx

Sorry... I've spent the last three yrs looking very pregnant it's horrible people kept asking me when my baby was due. Really got me down... Also was causing me back pain.

Anyways they never went back together if anything it got worse... I've just had a tummy tuck as I couldn't take it anymore. My surgeon sewed them back together they were six inches apart! No way they were going back naturally.

Sorry not what you want to hear but it's just my experience maybe if yours isn't too bad they'll go back together on their own, give it time... At least a year

If you lie flat on your back with your knees bent and shoulder width apart.. sit up into the crunch position.. feel from under the bust all the way down to the belly button in the middle of the stomach.. I'd your gap is more than 2 and a half finger widths apart the likelyness is it won't go back naturally.. if like me you only have 1 and a bit gap and want to get it back to normal do not do sit ups.. this will only make it worse.. if you need to know any exercises message me xx

I have a bulge but no separation whatsoever, I did have separation with my second eldest- nearly 10lb and insisted on lying with his back to my stomach for weeks on end- and I did some special physio exercises advised by the midwife and physio team at the hospital I had him at and things really knitted back together-if anything I had a flatter tummy than ever as I have always had a softly rounded belly even before having kids. The last couple of babies though I've had no separation at all but have been left with quite a bad rounded bulge, with second youngest it went down eventually but a month or so after that I got pregnant again. This time it's my upper abdomen under my ribs, for the last few weeks of the pregnancy he insisted on being in some weird gravity defying position where most of him was above my belly button and its like my muscles are stuck like that now. I am only 5 days after having him so maybe it is something that will resolve with time? Xx

Thanks ladies.

I think it's gone down a bit, I am actually only 12 days past having her so I suppose I have to give it time.

I would love exercises if anyone has them though.

I am being sent to physio but goodness knows when and would like to start them asap.

It's really under the ribs that's the main problem. I can deal with a mummy tummy under my belly button as I can hide that but it's the higher bit that I hate as it just feels like I'm still pregnant xx

Think that will be your stomach it takes a while to realign after being shoved up so high lol x

Thanks. Had my last midwife check today. She said my gap is between 3 and 4 cm.

Have physio this week.

I really hope I can narrow it down. Hate this look!

My physio gave me a band to hold things in because my stomach muscles split. Have you considered seeing a physio?

My physio gave me a band to hold things in because my stomach muscles split. Have you considered seeing a physio?

I'm wearing a tubigrip that I had from before and have physio tomorrow. Did yours go back to normal xx

Mine didn't look that different but the physio did her magic and checked it after a couple weeks and said it was improving so I'm taking her word for it! 12 days is so soon after. Don't worry too much as I thought my body would feel wonky forever but bit by bit things have been getting better. I'm a month since giving birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->