septate uterus

Currituckgirl

Brand new mom!!!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a septate uterus and is pregnant or have been pregnant. I was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago and suffered threw 2 miscarrages. I am currently pregnant (it was a nice surprise) and I went in for an u/s a week ago and there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole. My doc said that it could be to early to tell (she thinks I am about six weeks along) and that having a yolk sac was a good sign. I am going in for my second u/s tomorrow and hopefully there will be atleast a fetal pole. Now that the u/s is so close I am more scared than I was a couple days ago. I guess it is because I know that tomorrow I find out if I am able to carry the baby.

Cant help but wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow xxx

Hi, I dont have a septate uterus but i have a bicornuate, which is kinda the same just not totally seperated, I have two wombs, well one with a septum about half way down! I have had five pregnancies (as far as I know) two children (born at 35 weeks) two miscarriages (one missed) and am currently 9+5, i think with septate and bicornuate it is more the actually concieving than the pregnancy and as we all know everyone is different!

All i know too is that the womb that hasnt got the baby in doesnt actually know im pregnant so i can suffer some quite heavy bleeding!

Hope ive helped a little bit and hope today goes well! if you have any more questions ask away xx

Thanks for your well wishes I have my u/s in about 5 hours I am so nervous. I will let y'all know how it went. HappyMum78 whenever I read about a septate it is mixed with bicoranite I guess they are pretty close. Did you ever have an early scan? If you did what did it show? Also I am sorry to hear about your miscarriages, did they have anything to do with having a bicorunite usterus? Have you found a website where there are women with the same problems? I have been looking on the internet and have yet to come across a forum. A lot of questions I know.

good luck darling... we're routing for you...
LP
xox

No there is no forums as far as im aware, i dont think my missed miscarriage had anything to do with my bicornuate uterus, dunno about the other one, possibly cos i know the septum is not strong enough to hold anything. I bled heavily with both my children, specially the first one so have always had early scans, Had one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks. plus when i get to about 30 weeks every couple of weeks, you are welcome to pm me if you have any other questions! I can tell you it is really hard to find anything apart from negative info on the net!

Sorry to crash, but i am bicornuate too! I am on pregnancy number 4, baby number 2. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks due to gastro, and a still birth at 24 weeks, not sure if due to uterus, but never had trouble conceiving. Had to have early scan as doc said if babyb in wrong side could rupture. Don't take this the wrong way, but so nice to meet others in same boat xxx

yes you are right, it is nice to talk to other women with this 'abnormal' uterus. its so rare to find anyone with it! any info on it, just anything really, well apart from very negative stuff, with my son, i had to have a emergency c section at 35 weeks cos he was breech and had no room to turn and my waters broke :o with my daughter well she was an easy vbac and came at 36 weeks!

Thank y'all so much for your well wishs. I went in for my ultrasound with my mind already made up that I had miscarried. After what seemed like forever the tech turned the screen and showed me my little bean.:happydance: I also got to hear her heartbeat. The tech said that it was strong and healthy.:happydance: My doc said that with a septate one of the hardest parts is where the baby implants. If she were to implant on the septate there would be no chance because of lack of blood. She implanted good. :cloud9:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm SO happy that your little bean implanted in a good spot and you got to see her! BIG :hugs:! That's so wonderful!

Now...just another 33 weeks and a couple days to go!

yes you are right, it is nice to talk to other women with this 'abnormal' uterus. its so rare to find anyone with it! any info on it, just anything really, well apart from very negative stuff, with my son, i had to have a emergency c section at 35 weeks cos he was breech and had no room to turn and my waters broke :o with my daughter well she was an easy vbac and came at 36 weeks!

My little boy was born by emergency section at 38 + 2, he too was breech and had no room to turn, was planned for 2 days later, but then waters went on the saturday so had to have the emergency section. Am hoping to have a normal delivery this time, fingers crossed.

Congrats! I am so happy for you! Have a safe and fun 9 months! :D

aw thats class news! so pleased! yeah thats the impression i got about the septum, that if things implant on there then things go wrong! its excellent news that you seen the bean! i think we should make our own septate/bicornuate thread lol!!

i know this is an old post but i can't seem to find any other about septate uterus!
I am just over 5 wks with first baby and have scan friday at 6wks.
I found out i had septate when had ovarian drilling as i have PCOS too!
I am worried as my breasts don't feel full or tender for 3 days now and i don't particulary feel that pregnant anymore. Guess i will have to wait it out and see!
I would like to hear of anyone else with similar problems??

someone posted earlier about a bicorunate uterus so you might be able to chat with them hunni

Hi, I have been told I have a bicornuate uterus which I think is similar to septate. I have two seperate horns and two linings. The baby is in my right horn and I've been having horrendous bleeding with blood clots. I went for another scan again this morning and what do you know the baby is there with its strong heartbeat. The bleeding is not coming from the baby, they noticed that my lining is thick on my other side in my left horn and the bleed could be coming from there. I have now phoned my doctor and he's agreed to try me on progesterone to stop the bleeding.
Twice this week I have went to the maternity hospital and without them scanning me they told me I'd miscarried and they've got it so wrong.
Noone can understand my bleeding but then again not everyone has a bicornuate uterus.
I asked for more advice on it so my midwife spoke to a consultant who advised that there is no reason that I cannot have a normal pregnancy. Sometimes the baby has less room so you can deliver early and there is a big possibility of breech position so a section is required.
I believe that the only risk of miscarriage is if the baby implants on the septum as there is not that much blood supply, however saying that I seen some posts from 2nd and 3rd trimester and people have had the baby implant on the septum and are fine. Do not read too much on google, it made me ill with worry. Once you have your scan you will know more about where the baby has implanted, Im sure you will be fine, apparently its more common than realised as people have it and dont even know. I've read stories about people that only realise on the 3rd or 4th pregnancy when they need a section and its discovered that their uterus is different x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->