September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

thanks! I go tmrw to talk about the tumor. I'll update y'all as soon as I can

i have a dr appt on Thursday about my cyst and tumor on my ovary but I may find out gender! I hope so. I think im feeling a little movement as well. I got married Friday. my avatar picture is from it. I wanted the photographer to incorporate baby peanut into our day!

congrats for your marriage :D the picture is adorable

have to done the scan now? did you find out the gender? i can't wait to find out the gender either .. i already have a 7 yr old son, wudnt mind another son at all but just want to know .. hehe

nothing from my bean yet. I'm dying to feel it! How do I differentiate it from normal stomach bubbling a or will I just know?

X

sometimes it feels like bubbles popping and sometimes like someone is touching me gently, but from inside .. now the pokes are slowly getting stronger .. this is my second bub but fourth pregnancy .. maybe that's why i can feel the movement .. pretty soon u will realize its ure bub moving and not some gas too :)

Thanks Nadhoo. I've started to get really nervous lately and the lack of feeling any movement has got me going so I've booked myself if for a reassurance scan on Saturday. If everything is okay we'll get to find out the sex. Can't work out if I'm dreading it (in case of bad news) or excited (in case of good news and finding out which team we're in)

Babydust - how did your appt go hon? Hoping no news is good news. X

Sorry i never updated ya'll. I'm on a few threads and thought i told you girls. The tumor was 5.6cm 3 weeks ago and when i went for my ultrasound the other day it grew to 5.9cm. The dr said he's 95% sure everything is going to be okay. There's less than 1% chance of miscarriage. He is going to make a C section incision on my belly to get to the tumor. He said i could possibly lose my ovary depending on how bad the tumor is. Andrew (my husband) was really concerned about the anesthesia for the baby. The dr said he is going to try and use something safer which is the anesthesia they give you when you have a C section. So instead of being knocked out, i will just be numbed from my stomach down. Which i am okay with. Whatever makes it safer for the baby. I'm really scared though. I've never made it this far in my last 2 pregnancies. I've never even had a heartbeat. So to come this far and now have to deal with this scares me to death. I have faith and pray everything is going to be okay. A girl i know who was only 6 days behind me just lost her baby today. I feel so much sadness for her and it makes me start to feel it for myself incase something should happen. I'm praying so hard it's all going to be okay. Surgery is Friday morning. I will be hospitalized 2-3 days so they can keep a close eye on baby.

Hope everything goes ok on Friday

I had a midwife check up today to try and find hb, thankfully she did so I'm 14w 5d now :). Due date is 26/9/14

Xx

Babydust - good luck for tomorrow I'll be thinking of you. It sounds a bit like an epidural and lots of babies experience this and are absolutely fine. I'm glad your doctor sounds confident - a v good sign.

Hope - woo hoo for heartbeat. So good to get confirmation that bean is doing well :)

thanks girls.

surgery is postponed until Monday bcz the birthing center at the hospital is full and they're under staffed. I'm not gonna lie... I'm kinda pissed.

Oh no! These types of stresses are tough as they are. It takes strength to psyche yourself up and prepare and to have it delayed is painful.
Try to relax over the weekend hon!

Thanks darlin! How are you doing? When do you find out the gender of baby?!

ooooooo!!! I'm so excited for you! idk what to think. I want to say boy but I think maybe girl

Dh and I both having a feeling it's a girl but who knows? We really don't mind either way. It's really just a reassurance scan with a bonus if it's okay. I hate the couple of days and hours leading up to scans - I get so scared! This is my 6th scan this pregnancy so you'd think I'd be over it by now but it never diminishes lol!

Team blue!!!! Hubby and I were both wrong but Babydust' initial instincts were right lol!

All measurements seem to be on track so hugely relieved!!

I thought boy bcz you and I have had an easy pregnancy with symptoms and that points to boy most of the time!! Congrats on your little man! Good luck with names LOL I have read thousands and searched hours on the internet and I can't find more than 4 we like!

Babydust - hope you're recovering well and the op all went smoothly. Big hugs x

Hey girls. Sorry i haven't updated sooner. I had my surgery on Monday. They ended up giving me a spinal and then an epidural instead of general anesthesia. The spinal hurt. I was awake during the whole process. Was having conversations with the assistants and the anesthesiologist. It was a REALLY weird experience! After everything was done, Dr let me see the cyst/tumor. It was pretty big.

Then they put me in recovery for about 45mins. I could NOT stop shivering from the epidural. They gave me a pill to help ease it and it seemed to help a bit. They took my blood pressure and it was constantly 90 something over 50 something.

Finally i got to see my husband and was taken to my room. I still couldn't stop shivering for awhile. My legs were completely numb for about 8 hours. Before the whole surgery they were feeding me magnesium through my IV. It was to help me not get contractions or go into labor. That stuff makes you sick!! Everything i tried eating would come right back up until they took me off of it.

They monitored baby every 4-6 hours. They used a doppler and tried to find heartbeat. I was thinking i'd be hooked up to an ultrasound monitor. Every time they found his heartbeat :cloud9: I was so happy! I got to go home Wednesday.

My incision is about 8inches long. It's from my belly button down. I've never broken a bone, let alone be cut open so this whole experience has been like learning to walk again. It's very painful! Today is my first day where i feel good trying to get up on my own. Dr prescribed me a percocet (pain killer) to help ease the pain. I've been substituting it with Tylenol. I just feel bad taking the pain killer knowing i'm pregnant.

Baby is still doing great! I use my doppler a couple times a day. He's a trooper! So happy everything has turned out for the best. I go in Monday to get my staples removed. I got about a dozen or more. I'm out of work for a few weeks. So i am going to try and enjoy it.

That doesn't sound like a fun experience but I'm so glad you and your little boybean have made it through safely!!

I'm so relieved for you - rest lots and make the most of being waited on hand and foot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->