September Sapphires

Uni tsi

Reaction score
Hi!

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us due in September. I'm due Sept 18th! I'd really like to share this journey with others so I hope there's a few of us due that month.

I kept saying 2016 would be better than last year. I just didn't expect it to get better so soon!

I look forward to meeting new friends and sharing our journey :happydance:

I'm not so sure about the name for this thread, but it was the only thing I could come up with upon realizing sapphires are the birthstone for September. They also supposedly promote calmness and I could sure use some of that right now! And, I found out sapphires can be pink or blue, which seems very appropriate <3

I'm sort of nervous maybe I made this thread too soon. I know it's so early still and a lot could go wrong. My loss was at 35 weeks, so I'll probably never completely get over the feeling that things will go wrong again. Not until I have my baby in my arms. And even then, I worry that now I'll be one of those anxious, over protective mothers that stunts their child's emotional development :wacko:

I found it! Thanks for starting the thread. :)

I'm due Sept 11th, so I don't think you started the thread too soon.

I love the name! Sapphires-- calming...something we all need.. Perfect!
Thank you for starting this.

I am so very sorry for your late loss. I know what you mean by all the worry. I admire your amazing, amazing strength.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I am wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

I am due Sept. 6th. Have terrible very early nausea, and am crazy cautious given my two prior losses and I am well over 40. I also kept saying 2016 was going to be a much better year! So far, so great. :)
But I have a very 'matter of fact' attitude this time around. I trust that what is meant to be, will be. I can't get excited yet. I just take things day by day. I know deep down after this last past roughest year of my life due to several different experiences, that even if I do not have a happy outcome again this time, all, in the end will be okay.

H&H wishes and prayers to all due in September!!!

mack I'm glad you found it :) thanks for joining in!

hopie, it's nice to meet you. I'm sorry for your two losses. Once is already one time to many to have to experience such a thing. I admire your strength as well.

I've heard morning sickness is actually a good sign. I read about a study that showed that women with worse morning sickness were more likely to have a positive outcome. Something about the hormones being really strong (although they also emphasized that no morning sickness isn't necessarily a bad sign). Anyway, I think it will be a nice thing to tell myself when I feel sick later lol

I'm not having many symptoms yet except crazy night sweats and I get tired a little more easily. I'd forgotten about the night sweats. I think they started earlier this time. I can't remember what week they'll stop. But, at this rate, I'll need rubber sheets! :laundry:

My loss was so recent, but I knew I wanted to try again right away because age isn't on my side. Still, I was super nervous before getting my BFP how I would react to it. But so far, I just feel super calm. I know what you mean about not getting too excited. I almost feel like if I don't get my hopes up too high things are more likely to work out, although I know that doesn't really make any sense. I'm turning 39 this month. I wish they would have warned me it would be so much harder to get pregnant after 35. I feel like, they spend all this time warning us against getting pregnant too soon, only to be like "haha too late" once it finally seems responsible to get started :dohh: But of course, it's not too late! We're all going to have wonderful, healthy, perfect babies :hugs:

Is anyone getting any treatment based on previous outcomes? For me, they say there's nothing to do except for more frequent scans and they'll probably induce me before 40 weeks.

So far I'm not. I had an early loss and then had my rainbow baby 2.5 years ago. I'm not sure I'm considered high risk this time around. With my last pregnancy, they did test my progesterone a few times and I took it from 6-13 weeks. I think that was just because i was pregnant 2 months after my m/c. My first appt is jan 28th and I'll be 8 weeks and get a scan. I'm going to ask about progesterone then. Pretty upset when I called in to my OB to say I was pregnant they wouldn't do bloods or check progesterone. :(

Mack that's so irritating that they won't check sooner. Is it the same OB from your previous pregnancy? I'm so surprised they wouldn't get you in sooner for blood work considering the history. Have you thought about finding a different doc? I almost want to call up the person who refused to scheduled you and yell at them for you! I see you're also in the states - since we have to pay for healthcare, they should at least be a little customer service oriented!

For me, they couldn't really find anything wrong except the obvious fact she didn't survive. There were a few things but none of them added up to a diagnosis or explanation. She was totally perfect. So, there isn't really anything for me to do differently except for extra scans. My doc told me I can go for a scan every day by the end if I'm worried. And I'm told I won't actually be allowed to get to 40 weeks. So, I guess that Sept 18th due date will be changing. It's weird to contemplate getting to pick the day. I really wanted to experience the surprise and excitement of having my water break and rushing over to the hospital in anticipation, and everything that went along with that. Unless she comes before 38 weeks, I won't get that now. But, it's ok. As long as this baby is alright, of course that's all that matters. It feels a little petty to mourn not getting to have a totally natural birth, but I know it's just me deflecting on to something that's easier to understand compared to everything that happened before.

Wow, I just realized since I'll be induced probably, that means I'll actually have my baby as soon as sept 4th!

It's the same OB. There must have been some insurance changes because they don't do labs to confirm pregnancies anymore. I am getting an earlier scan at 8 weeks than I normally would have and they are doing a full blood panel, so I'm sure progesterone will be checked then.

My GP did do a blood conf test for me and said I was 2-3 weeks past conception, so that lines up with my 5 weeks. Phew.

Thank you Uni! Gosh, i so admire your strength.
yes- the night sweats were often for me the first couple of weeks.

My doctor isn't exactly being very concerned. They gave me a first appt date for Feb. 4th! I told the nurse to look at my age and 2 losses on my chart. I then had to ask to go in for a beta and progesterone test, which I got done today. Will see those results in 2 days. I just don't have the greatest feeling with my being so far past 40 now.
I would think earlier scans would have been suggested to me, so i guess i need to request one this week, especially since I'm having spotting.

I do have such a great, great feeling for you! I hope and pray you have an easy pregnancy. As for the inducing - yes they have to do that if you have had a late loss, or in my case, if over age 40. So I guess at least we get to plan it out and we know it is safer. :) I guess 38 weeks would move my due date to August rather than Sept. 7th. :)

I am wishing you all the luck in the world as you so deserve!! Hope you have a restful night!

Mack, I'm glad to hear they're getting you in a little earlier at least and that your GP was able to confirm the blood test matched up with your own estimate :) Since it's the same OB at least they are familiar with your history even if they don't show their concern hopefully they will provide good care. I'm reassured for you knowing they did a good job last time!

Hopi, I'm glad you knew what to ask for. It is rather shocking they don't just offer what seems so necessary. A little spotting is normal, but I bet it will get them to bump up your first appointment. I know age really does make things scarier. I'm under 40 and it's still scary. Thank you for your kind words. I have a good feeling for all three of us!

I vote you stay here in the September thread. Even if they don't let us get to full term, the milestones along the way are all still timed to September. I guess scheduling it will be nice. Or, who knows. Maybe they'll make an appearance at 37 and a half weeks and surprise us anyway!

I think I will get good sleep tonight. I feel so tired already during the day. Went to the gym this afternoon and it seemed so much harder than it was on Friday. Although, a part of me wonders if that's all in my head.

Does anyone have any plans for how to stay relaxed over the next 8 months? I'm thinking of doing prenatal yoga.

How can I be so sleepy all day, and then unable to sleep at night? :dohh:

Preggers insomnia is really bad for me too!

I did get labs done at the GP and my quantitative HCG is 925.

I hope I can jump in here too.

I've had 6 1st Tri losses, 1 2nd Tri and a beautiful baby boy who died when he was 15 days old. I also have 2DD and 1DS. I'm always a neurotic mess in the weeks before my first scan, so I apologise to you all in advance.

I'm due 21st September.

Invivo- I am so sorry for your losses. We all can relate to being a bit of a mess before the first scan! My thoughts and well wishes are with you.

Good you got your results in Mack.

I've heard pg insomnia is bad. I wake up so many times during the night too. Hang in there, uni. I put on some relaxation meditative sleep music on you tube and it seemed to work! I'm sure you do feel more tired during the workouts. I miss working out-- have taken a break until I figure out if this spotting is a problem or not. I probably can do some pre-natal yoga though! Hope you sleep much better tonight.

Thanks hopie, sending positive thoughts that the spotting turns out to be just one of those early pregnancy symptoms sent to keep us on our toes. I'm a fair bit on the wrong side of 40 myself, but my grandmother had her last child at 46 so I'm not counting us out just yet.

Uni and mackjess, I'm having the same sort of sleeplessness at nights. For me it's a combination of being so thirsty that I need to get up for a glass of water then waking again later to go to the bathroom!

IVV welcome! I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. That is a lot of times to be disappointed. I can't even imagine losing a baby at 15 days. That is so sad and I feel for you. I think you have every right to be neurotic whenever you want! I think I'm going to be a little neurotic too, not just before my first scan, but the whole time! So, no need for apologies from you on that topic.

Congrats on your sticky bean! I really approve of the name you chose for yourself here. Makes me thirsty lol I might have to go buy some of the nonalcoholic wine I found last time. It was actually pretty good. Or at least, it seemed that way after I hadn't had real wine for nearly six months.

Mack, I had to google it, but from what I read, those numbers sound good! Not like I could sleep before anyway, but I guess at least I have nicer things to think about now.

Hopie I should try listening to music, that's a good idea. I've had some luck listening to NPR to fall asleep. When I'm driving it keeps me awake, but if I turn it down very low something about the calmness of the voices puts me right out. It works best when I wake up at some ridiculously early hour and can't fall back to sleep, which is pretty often these days.

Today, I woke up feeling not pregnant anymore. I almost poas but managed to talk myself out of it. Like, obviously I'm still pregnant. Or, rather, it would be obvious if I wasn't anymore. But, it's weird. I keep having to remind myself what's what. I'll probably end up poas by the end of the day, just to be able to see it. I hope it gets easier to believe once I have more symptoms.

How is everyone doing today?

Thank you! That is so awesome- your grandma having her last baby at 46. They say it runs in families.

Uni- my fiance does the same with NPR. He actually sent me a site called
calm.com. You can choose your length of time for meditation- I just did a 2 minute one..it is very relaxing!

I like what someone wrote on another board. have to remind self, 'pregnant until proven otherwise'.
Just pray, hope and try not to worry... too much! :)

Uni, thanks for your kind words. It really does help in these early weeks to be able to talk to people who understand what a terrifying time this can be.

Hopie, pregnant until proved otherwise is an excellent attitude. I'm going to try to hang on to it.

"pregnant until proven" otherwise. I like that.

I did just have some wicked nausea for a few minutes this evening to reassure me what's what. Never been happier to be nauseous! :yipee:

Hoping I can join this thread. Due September 3rd with bub #2. 2 consecutive early losses my last 2 cycles. Getting pregnant doesn't seem to be the problem, but getting a snuggly bean does.

I am 6+4 today and passed the Chemical Pregnancy stage, but now I am worried about a 7-8 week loss before my scan at 8+4 on the 27th.:wacko:

Pregnant until proven otherwise is something I learned from a TWW thread after my first chemical. It is really something to live by, I think. Treasure every day that you are pregnant, you will never be pregnant with THIS baby again:hugs:

I have very few symptoms too which is making me nervous. Some low-lying nausea and boob soreness which I have had since before my BFP at 12DPO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->