Serial pregnancy test taker

themaybaby

Reaction score
Is anyone doing the same thing.. I'm afraid I'll check and it won't say "pregnant"
or I'll get those 2 lines!!! I keep seeing the pregnancies that everyone's lost, and I get worried.

Try to focus on the pregnancies that haven't been lost :) I think there are more of them here than ones that have been lost! I know it's scary but worrying isn't going to help. The best thing you can do is stop testing and think positive thoughts, talk to your baby, take care of yourself, and keep yourself occupied if you can. I love it, for instance, when I see a girl from the second trimester pop over to comment on a thread in this forum and I see her ticker at like 20 or 30+ weeks. It makes me realize there is life after the first trimester! Also, look around you at all the people you see while you're driving, on the television, in the grocery store, at your work place, in your family. ALL of those people started out as a tiny little group of cells that formed into an embryo that formed into a fetus that formed into a baby that grew into a child that grew into an adolescent that grew into an adult. There are millions, billions of people on this planet and there have been for thousands and thousands of years. So when you think about it that way, there are a lot of pregnancy successes walking around, surrounding you EVERY DAY :) Focus on those! Go poke around in the second and third trimester boards and look at what those women are saying. Go to the breastfeeding boards. Listen to your body and acknowledge every time you have a pregnancy symptom. You're early on yet and I didn't start getting intense pregnancy symptoms until the middle-end of the 5th week and then the 6th week was like the worst of my life, and the 7th so far sucks as well but isn't as bad as last week. You'll have plenty of time to have your body remind you of just how pregnant you are! Lol! Try to relax, try to enjoy it, and try to encourage your baby to grow. I don't know if there's scientific evidence to say that it helps but I know that it helps me feel better. I constantly affirm that this feels like a strong pregnancy.

I hope my advice helps you! Here's a hug :hugs:

I am the same exact way. I got my bfp a week ago and I'm still testing. It's to the point now where my test line is really dark andi barely have a control line lol. My first appt is on oct 1st

Try to focus on the pregnancies that haven't been lost :) I think there are more of them here than ones that have been lost! I know it's scary but worrying isn't going to help. The best thing you can do is stop testing and think positive thoughts, talk to your baby, take care of yourself, and keep yourself occupied if you can. I love it, for instance, when I see a girl from the second trimester pop over to comment on a thread in this forum and I see her ticker at like 20 or 30+ weeks. It makes me realize there is life after the first trimester! Also, look around you at all the people you see while you're driving, on the television, in the grocery store, at your work place, in your family. ALL of those people started out as a tiny little group of cells that formed into an embryo that formed into a fetus that formed into a baby that grew into a child that grew into an adolescent that grew into an adult. There are millions, billions of people on this planet and there have been for thousands and thousands of years. So when you think about it that way, there are a lot of pregnancy successes walking around, surrounding you EVERY DAY :) Focus on those! Go poke around in the second and third trimester boards and look at what those women are saying. Go to the breastfeeding boards. Listen to your body and acknowledge every time you have a pregnancy symptom. You're early on yet and I didn't start getting intense pregnancy symptoms until the middle-end of the 5th week and then the 6th week was like the worst of my life, and the 7th so far sucks as well but isn't as bad as last week. You'll have plenty of time to have your body remind you of just how pregnant you are! Lol! Try to relax, try to enjoy it, and try to encourage your baby to grow. I don't know if there's scientific evidence to say that it helps but I know that it helps me feel better. I constantly affirm that this feels like a strong pregnancy.

I hope my advice helps you! Here's a hug :hugs:

Thanks a bunch! That was encouraging for me. I really appreciated it.

I am so glad I'm not alone. Yeah my line was super dark tonight. But i just had to make sure. But I'm going to try and take skywalkers advice

Back away from the tests Hun, they wont magically change to neg, unless you have bleeding etc there is nothin to prove your tests are wrong, relax and enjoy the preg while u can and 12 week scan will soon fly round :)

WSS ^^ My 12 week scan is tomorrow. It feels like yesterday I was 4 weeks along.

I am in the same boat. I've been using superdrugs test and I don't think the control line could get any darker. I know too that it means absolutely nothing at all in regards to what might be going on inside me. I just find it settling to see the two lines are there. I am a bit obsessive about things in general and I think that is why I feel such a strong urge to keep doing it. I did resist yesterday but caved this morning. I have no more tests in the house now and going to try not to buy anymore.

You are definitely not alone! I feel like a crazy lady taking so many tests. Skywalker's post really helped me too. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow, I will be 5 weeks, so I've told myself after that no more tests lol! I think we take so many just because it's so new and it doesn't feel quite real yet, and especially for me as I haven't really had any symptoms yet it just feels reassuring to take a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->