• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

serious aversion to coffee....Bleughhhh

Happy happy

Reaction score
Morning all!!
so I usually LOVE my morning cup of coffee but haven't fancied one for ages now, decided to make myself one today and I just can't drink it..like I've only managed a quarter of the cup in an hour!!
I also don't like anything too sweet, if I drink tea I always had 2 sugars but I physically can't anymore, even 1 is too much so I just have half a teaspoon.
anyone else any weird food/drink aversions??

I love my coffee yet one morning, before I got my bfp, I just woke up and make a tea and did that every morning without realising! Looking back now that should have been a big hello...what the hell are you doing?! But it didnt even occur to me.
Ive gone off alot of food as im suffering with heartburn :( but once I find a food that doesnt give me heartburn im sure thatll be my fav for a while!

Yeah I've not been having it for a while but wasn't until after I got my bfp that I stopped drinking it all together.
Ahhh I had the worst heartburn with my DD, ended up getting huge bottles of gaviscon advanced from the doctors, 1 bottle would last 3 days as I was literally drinking it some days.
had a touch of heartburn this time, only 8+4, but nothing like what I had with my DD and hopefully I'll miss it this time.
hope you find something you can eat soon xoxo

I think the coffee is a common pregnancy aversion.
I used to love it, bought decaf when I found out I was pregnant, but cant stand the thought of drinking coffee now anyway since about week 5.

Yeah I just read up on it and it is, I carried in drinking it as normal when I was expecting my daughter, I just switched to decaff after my 1st morning coffee but this time round even the smell is offputting. Strange how each pregnancy is different xx

I still love a latte from Costa or whatever but instant coffee... VOM! I remember with DD I did exactly the same as you tjayne - didn't realise for such a long time.

My aversions aren't too bad this time round but I can't drink certain things in the wrong cup/glass. Eg. I've found that Fetimans Rose Lemonade with ginger helps with the MS...BUT I can't drink it out of a glass. It has to be the individual glass bottles with a paper straw. At £1.29 a pop it's pretty expensive. Also I love orange juice with loads of ice but has to be out of a mug. Our bodies and brains are bizarre! Xx

Haha amyleigh89 that's amazing and one fussy bean your cooking!! Love it!!
Not loving the super sensitive nostrils either..poor DH is constantly being told to open windows/ close windows and spray air freshener xoxo

I had a bit of a barny with hubby the other night because I don't want to kiss and cuddle. Firstly I am so tired and sick I want my own space without people pulling at me. DD does it all day I don't need it from him in the evening BUT mainly because I can't handle the way he smells. If I do get close to him I have to breathe through my mouth. Don't get me wrong... he usually smells good. Just can't stand it this time round. With DD it was the smell of his nose. Okay if he breathed through his mouth but if he breathed out his nose near me I would gag! x

Coffee has always been my go to every morning (at least two cups!) but with this pg and both of my sons I just cant stomach it! Decaf, regular, instant, latte, espresso, mocha none of it! Worse of all it's. The smell! I used to love the smell of fresh brewing coffee so much that I had coffee scented candles! Now the smell reminds of a wet ash tray full of cigarettes, ugh! ��
other aversions: onions, peppers, the smell of any kind of meat cooking, mustard greens, sweets of any kind ( and I'm usually a sweets girl!), and the smell of fabreeze fabric spray!!

I had a bit of a barny with hubby the other night because I don't want to kiss and cuddle. Firstly I am so tired and sick I want my own space without people pulling at me. DD does it all day I don't need it from him in the evening BUT mainly because I can't handle the way he smells. If I do get close to him I have to breathe through my mouth. Don't get me wrong... he usually smells good. Just can't stand it this time round. With DD it was the smell of his nose. Okay if he breathed through his mouth but if he breathed out his nose near me I would gag! x

Haha hahaha. ..This is funny because you sound just like me!! I was same with my DD so he knows it's nothing...too...personal and he's just to brush his teeth or have some mouthwash before speaking to me. I hate it when you're out in public and there are smelly people about so you start dry heaving...attractive! ! Xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"