Serious back pain, I can't stop crying

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
Mother of god, I am in agony. I can barely move, I can't get comfortable, I can't sit on the loo without help. I washed a table outside our school on Friday and felt fine at the time, but ever since my back has seized up and it's killing me.

I feel such a fool for doing this to myself, please tell me it won't last for the rest of my pregnancy because I was really enjoying being pregnant and now it just hurts so much... I will be going to the doctors tomorrow and also calling an osteopath but my god it hurts it hurts it hurts so much.

I just keep crying because I can't believe I did this to myself. I'm such a fool. And we don't even have a sodding bath I can soak in at our house.

My heart goes out to you hon :hug:

I've just been moaning at hubby that I'm stuck on my bum when I want to be decorating etc. So sore without the painkillers I was on pre-baby. I've also been coughing for almost 3 weeks... starting to reach the fed up stages.

I find hubby's warm hands a little soothing, but bless him I think he gets bored ;)

Hoping you can find something to ease it for you, stuck for what to suggest though :/

xxx

Oh honey i'm so sorry to hear you're in pain :( maybe get your hubbie to give you a nice massage to see if that helps? if its no better get yourself down the docs and see if they can give you anything its not fair for you to be in agony and i bet that paracetomol isn't doing a thing! take care x

I put mine out on Thursday, moving a pillow. Couldn't walk Thursday and Friday without pain that was worse than labour. Since then my back is stiff and all the muscles round my back, sides and around my bump are sore. I was prescribed co-codomol and told to rest but get up every 15 mins and walk a few steps, as many as I could take before the pain got too bad. It is slowly getting better but because of the way I am walking, my neck and legs are getting sore so that I just hurt all over. It's worse then SPD that I had with DS2! And I'm getting painful braxton hicks that feel like I'm getting punched.

Hot water bottle and standing under a warm shower seems to help a bit, but it's just going to take time for it to ease up.

I feel your pain sweetie:hugs:
I slipped a disc on saturday morning just making the bed and can hardly walk!!!:hissy:
was given c-codamol and told to rest (easy said with kids)

Rest up as much as you can..... hpe you feel better soon:hugs:

Oh sweetie i feel so sorry for you. I have a curvature of my spine and SPD, i can relate to bad bad back ache and i have nothing but sympathy for you you poor thing. I take co codamol when its bad (so most days) and have crutches for my really bad days (although i rarely use them). I can only say what everyone else has so far, try to rest and carry on with the paracetamol - although i know they make NO difference. Warm baths are good but getting in and out of them is hell, maybe try a hot water bottle too? I really hope you feel better x x x

Well I just chopped up my Trinny and Susanna magic pants (fat pants for sucking in a blobby belly) to make a bump/back support and it seems to be helping me a little. If nothing else the pressure feels nice on my back. That and a hot water bottle on my back all the time.

Well I just chopped up my Trinny and Susanna magic pants (fat pants for sucking in a blobby belly) to make a bump/back support and it seems to be helping me a little. If nothing else the pressure feels nice on my back. That and a hot water bottle on my back all the time.

My physio gave me a big tubi grip to use like that and it helped a little - mostly when i was sat still as when i moved it just rolled up round my waist! I bought one of the bump supports as the don't give them to you here but it was a waste of money for me and made no difference. I'd just love to know why they have tubi grip that big???? :rofl: Good thinking you! Thats a genius plan! x x x

My physio gave me a big tubi grip to use like that and it helped a little - mostly when i was sat still as when i moved it just rolled up round my waist! I bought one of the bump supports as the don't give them to you here but it was a waste of money for me and made no difference. I'd just love to know why they have tubi grip that big???? :rofl: Good thinking you! Thats a genius plan! x x x

I had them with the other two, but as I haven't seen a physio, only the on call doctor, I had to make do. It was the tubigrip look I was aiming for! :rofl::rofl:

Used to wear tights over it to stop it rolling up, but that's not a good idea in the summer.... unless you chopped the legs off.... :blush:

(touch wood I haven't got SPD this time so far)

Thanks so much for the sympathy, it really helps to not feel so alone. I'm glad you pain is easing a bit angelstardust, it gives me hope for the future!

I was told before I could take co-codamol but only in the first and second tri - I enter third tri tomorrow! I'll have to see what the doctor says tomorrow. I WILL get an appointment despite the dragon receptionist, even if I have to camp out in the reception area. Alternating cold then warm packs on my back help, but not for long. I went to my MIL's for a warm bath and it was magic while I was in it, but now I'm out again - ouch!

On the plus side, the cub is very very wriggly and cute today, and in the bath (my first bath in months as we only have a shower, bah!) it was lovely to watch the cub moving my tummy around.

Thanks again guys... It helps so much to feel I'm not alone.

Glad you managed some relief with a bath! Keep us updated ok? I haven't been told that about 3rd tri! Am panicking now! They better not take it off me! x x x

It's probably just my doctor's opinion... I'll find out tomorrow and I will keep you informed. You're all so lovely, thank you.

I'm off to the docs in ten minutes so I'll let you all know...

Back pain is so crippling. I use a chiropracter and my back is really good. Some advice that was given to me, was to get a maternity support belt, freeze the areas of pains do not heat it.

Thanks guys... The GP recommended regular paracetamol, cold compresses and rest for a few days. I've also booked in to see an osteopath this afternoon because it is bloody agony and I can't even sit or lay comfortably.

Glad you have been to see him and got some suggestions. Hope all goes well with osteopath honey x x x

Poor thing! I am getting nervous for myself as within the last few weeks I feel like there is a 20 pound weight hanging off the bottom of my spine when I get up. I am walking around like a little old lady. The last few days I have been wondering how I am going to tolerate this if it just keeps getting worse for another 24 weeks! I have no idea how you ladies that had back issues before handle it.

:hug: :hugs: Hope you feel better soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->