• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Serious uglies going on

monroea

Mommy to Riley
Reaction score
I have some serious uglies going on right now. I feel so gross and unattractive. I had to buy a bridesmaid's dress today for a wedding that I'm going to be in 18 days after the little one is due and boy it's not a pretty sight! My hubby is doing a wonderful job of telling me I'm beautiful but I just don't feel it. I kind of want to do something with my hair or anything to make me feel pretty again. :shrug:

Here's the dress. Not so flattering.
dress.jpg

Aww i completely know how you feel. I feel so unsexy and am sick of fat legs, cellulite, cystic acne.. sooo not pretty. :cry:

But its the best blessing in the worls to be pregnant and carrying a beautiful baby we made so i guess we need to concentrate more on that and not be so tough on ourselves.... but its so hard when you feel about as sexy as an overweight Walrus :wacko:

I tend to feel better in stretchy fitted clothes myself for some reason, as i feel i look bigger and less pregnant in looser clothes that hang off my bump, but i do think you look really glamorous in your dress so please dont worry too much - we always see ourselves in a worse light than anyone else sees us..

Maybe treat yourself to a manicure, or some false lashes, or some other pampering session that will make you feel sexier. Ive been buying myself a lot of new makeup & jewellery lately to make myself feel a bit more glam and not the same-old me.

Hope you enjoy the wedding, and... hugs :hugs: xxx

Thanks! New makeup is a great idea! I'm going to have to get on that!! :)

You look great, you really do.

Why don't you treat yourself and get your hair done in the hairdressers for the wedding? And I second getting some new make up as well.

xx

New hair do and makeup sounds fabulous!! I really like the dress!

I've been feeling horrible about myself lately with the weight gain and such. I swear my butt's developing it's own gravitational pull and I'm expecting some planets to start orbiting it anytime, lol.

Just try to focus on the good things in your pregnancy, it won't last forever and then you'll have a baby to make it all worth it. Do things that make you feel good, hit up a salon and get something done it'll make you feel pampered :)

I have some serious uglies going on right now. I feel so gross and unattractive.

Just hold on to that feeling and let it crystallize into complete and total determination to get the weight off as soon as possible after the baby's born.
Any time I felt fat and ugly during my other pregnancies, I'd just research and plan diets, exercise routines, etc.
I was only a teenager when I was pregnant with my first two, and it bothered me that girls my age put on 50 pounds during pregnancy and never lost it again, and ended up looking 30 years old when they were only 18.
And then raved about how being a mother made it all 'worth it", as if being a mother required throwing your youth away and looking like a walrus.

I ended each pregnancy determined to get back in shape, and FAST... and i did it, too.
I hope I can find that determination again this time, although it's harder because I'm older, and no longer so driven by vanity as i once was.
If i can get back to looking like some semblance of my former self.... if i can get back to within ten pounds of my previous weight... I'll be happy this time.
After all, I'm nearly 40.

But that's my advice to any pregnant woman who is feeling bad about the way she looks: just use this time to plan how you will get back to the way you previously looked, and however bad you feel about yourself, just let it make you all the more committed to taking up a healthy calorie-restricted diet and exercise after the baby's born.

For what it's worth, I don't think you look bad at all... but it's not about what I think. It's about what you think, and how you want to look.

Best wishes!

Thank you very much! I've already been thinking about workout routines and times and what things I want to eat/avoid after the baby comes. I absolutely LOVE food but I don't want to look like this forever either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"