Seriously pissed off

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Helen, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

:hissy: :cry: :grr:

So the first phone call to the hospital to check on cots for the babies went well...not!

I feel like I am speaking to total idiots. Despite being told to expect my call the delivery suite had no idea who I was. They told me they'd check but wouldn't be able to ring me back until 10am so could I keep fasting? Oh yeah sure... that's going to be fun every day! :roll: DH was hanging on to go into work just in case, but he couldn't really wait that long as a meeting he'd ended up missing yesterday cos they'd kept us hanging around so long had been rearranged for 10am this morning.

So I rang the Ante Natal Day Care Unit to speak to the midwife who had set things up, she's not in today. So I ended up speaking to this other woman who was just on the fringes yesterday and had heard snippets of conversations. She was really stroppy with me and said that she'd spoken to the Delivery Suite and told them that I was told to ring at the weekend and that they'd decided that they wouldn't deliver the babies today :hissy: NOOOO! Not what was agreed! Apparently the woman from the Delivery Suite was going to ring round for cots and now wasn't going to bother. So I asked her if the woman from the Delivery Suite was going to ring me back to confirm one way or another and she said...."probably not".

At this point my rag was close to being lost... someone has to ring me back so that I know if I can eat or not! :shock:

I'm fed up of people treating me like I'm stupid and I'm fed up with people questionning my consultant's decision on when to deliver our children. He's treated us all the way through and he's the expert on mutiple births so surely his decision overrules all these other peoples? Yet, I'm being made to feel that this is something that we've decided to do on a whim. Yeah sure... let's deliver my children a month early and put them a risk... that sounds like fun.

Anyway... as you've probably guessed... I'm a bit pissed off at the moment!

2. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

Aw Helen thats awful i cant believe they are treating you like this, can only imagine how pissed off and frustrated you must be :hugs:

Why dont you ring them and say your in labour !!!!! then they have no choice but to sort something out !!! then you can say oooh its stopped now which at that point they will say well everythings ready now you'll need to come in !!!! mwhahah!

Seriously though hun hope your ok :hugs: xx

3. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

Aw no... just made my Mum cry... she rang up to see how I was doing and I ended up blubbing down the phone to her :cry: and that set her off.

Promised DH that I would stay calm and not get upset so that little ones don't get upset too. Not doing so well at that. What a cry baby I am.

4. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

5. loop

loop Well-Known Member

ohh on helen huges hugs to u i do hopew that they call u back soon and u can get things sorted xxxx

6. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Hels you must be feeling so frustrated. Can't believe they are messing you around, just an idea of when would be great. Fingers crossed someone there has a brain and you get some news.

7. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Oh Helen this is awful - How about contacting your consultant for advice?

It must be hard to stay calm :hugs: I don't think anyone could blame you for blowing off.

This is just awful!!!

8. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

:hugs: poor thing how frustrating.

Would it help your DH ringing maybe someone else blowing a gasket may get you results? I know when Dave rang for me they listended and sorted out apt for my induction.

I just hope someone sorts this quick,otherwise ring and say you think you have trickles of water they will have you in then anyway and then you can get your c-section.

good luck hun
    bex.x

9. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Aww hunny :hugs::hugs:
    So sorry you are having to go through all this crap, sounds like they don't know there arse from their Elbow ( which hspital BTW?)

Lets hope you get sored soon or at least can have something to eat!!

10. Imi

Imi .

Helen go to the hospital and get to see your consultant or his registrar ...

Bloody MW are sooo up themselves! ....

They treated me like shit when i got induced like i made the decision so i know what u mean, in the end vicky had to sort em out cause i was in a right mess!

Honestly contact your consultant and get him to sort it ....

Sorry your so upset, chin up darling ... there just baking for another day or 2 lol

xxx

11. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

12. Alsha & Elliot

Alsha & Elliot Active Member

Oh Helen i am sorry to hear that you must be pissed! not only are you hungry witch is never good but you are so close to holding your babies. hope you don't have to wait to much longer hun:hugs:

13. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

You know what really pi**es me off, why on earth would anyone ring with a random request like that if they hadn't been told to?!!
    its not like you sit there one day and say, "i'll ring and see if there are any beds, there might be a chance they will give me a major abdominal operation just on the off chance!!" :dohh:

Midwives are soo rude, its extra work for them if you get admitted that why thy are huffing and puffing.
    Try and speak to your consultant and if its a no go then pretend you have been having contractions!

14. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

:hugs::hugs: Helen hope you got sorted.

15. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Man that is so crap! I definatly think you should try to speak to your consultant and get them to sort it out with the midwives. At least hopefully if you have to phone again tomorrow/each day you will get the same people and they will know why your phoning and be a bit more prepared (lets hope)!

Fingers crossed they wont keep you waiting round too long, if all else fails have a go at them on the phone. Can your OH go into work each day and just have his mobile on so when you get told to come in he can just up and leave work at the nessisary time?

16. KX

KX Well-Known Member

:hugs: Aww hun, what idiots.

Thinking of you xx

17. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

I bet you it's because it's the weekend, they never want to work over the weekend. Good luck and try not to get too stressed.

18. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

i dont agree its because they dont want to work the weekend they have to as weekends are part of the shifts BUT I agree the way they were on the phone was disgusting and they should have acted with more compassion and diplomacy than they did. It is typical nowadays of the NHS.
    bex.x

19. Imi

Imi .

I have to agree with marley ....

In warrington hospital they don't induce over the weekend its monday to friday only ... and latley its been monday to thursday

Its discusting ....

20. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:hugs: Awe Helen. I know this is easier said than done, but try to relax and just remember that the results will be double sweet. Im just sorry you have to deal with the BS of the hospital and the moronic staff.:hugs: