Seriously unhappy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by pinkbump2011, Oct 8, 2013.

1. pinkbump2011

pinkbump2011 Well-Known Member

Really don't know what to do I'm so happy an excited to be expecting another baby I absolutely dote on my daughter she is my world but at the minute her dad is making me so unhappy. Twice he has made a comment about it not being to late (for a termination) once during an argument and once trying to be funny in front of his brother which it wasn't. He never wants to do things as a family or a couple and I'm finding his attitude towards me to much to handle. He shows no interest in anything I speak about whether it be general conversation or even about our daughter. An he shows no interest in me or us as a couple. I have made him aware that I feel he doesn't care an his response was well that's just how we are. Well I'm sorry but I can't cope with just being someone that looks after our daughter an cleans up after his lazy arse even though we both work. I've sat an cried over this an really don't know what to do. I have my first scan tomorrow an I feel like going it alone. Sorry for the long rant I'm so confused and don't know where to turn :( x

2. Bellababy

Bellababy Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having a bad time of it. Have you felt this way for a while or since pregnancy? He seems to be being very insensitive with his comments and that, in my opinion needs discussing. Maybe write a letter when you feel calm explaining how some of his actions hurt you. Then when you give him the letter, leave him to read it in private.

Hope you can come to a solution that in the long term will make you feel happy and stronger.

Big hugs xxx

3. pinkbump2011

pinkbump2011 Well-Known Member

We've had our ups an downs but got through them. I'd say it has probably been worse since being pregnant an i know he is stressed an grieving at the minute which is why I've given him space to do what he needs but there's just nothing there I'm finding it hard an I know he is to as his mum has recently passed away an funeral is this week but he is pulling at my heart strings only being nice an relatively caring when he wants something in return. X

4. Bellababy

Bellababy Well-Known Member

Big hugs. Get this week out the way and then have a serious chat about your future and what you both want. Good luck Hun xxx

5. Mummafrog

Mummafrog New FTM to baby girl

My goodness that sounds so rough.. I can hardly imagine how hard this would all feel if my partner was not being supportive, my heart goes out to you, your daughter and your little bean sweetheart <3

I may be wrong.. but your partner's behaviour could be deeply rooted in his mother's passing, perhaps it is bringing up feelings about the family increasing in size, perhaps he doesn't feel like he can have a baby without sharing it with his mum? Perhaps he is so upset that she won't meet the new baby that he can't feel anything for the baby yet.
    However.. maybe, just maybe.. seeing the scan will help him attach? Help him bond? Perhaps it will remind him of the joy and shine light for him on the fact that his mother has passed and this new baby has come into being quite close together and perhaps there is some reason behind why things like this happen.

I understand if you do not think seeing the scan would help him.. obviously you know him and I don't, but in my opinion it might help improve things and bring you closer, possibly help you talk about stuff.

Let me know how things go, love and light <3