Serteraline

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
I'm currently on a low dose if serteraline 25mg from 50. I'm worried how it will effect the baby so I want to wean off it completely. Also worried how my anxiety will be if i do..

Is this medication known to cause any issues?

I'm currently on a low dose if serteraline 25mg from 50. I'm worried how it will effect the baby so I want to wean off it completely. Also worried how my anxiety will be if i do..

Is this medication known to cause any issues?

Hello! You should definitely do some of your own research, but generally, sertraline (Zoloft) is thought of as one of the "older" and "safer" SSRIs to take during pregnancy. There are some studies out there that have linked it to some birth defects, but again, there are other studies that conclude exactly the opposite.

With that said... I took 25mg (or maybe 50mg?) of sertraline throughout my last pregnancy and my 2.5 year old son was born perfectly healthy. I am taking 25mg/day now too, and my doctor is fine with that. It is such a low dose. You have to keep yourself healthy in order to grow a health baby, so that needs to be part of the equation. I was an anxious, blubbering mess without Zoloft, which cannot be healthy for the baby.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I've just reduced from 200mg to 100mg . There are no conclusive tests that say it does or doesn't cause any issues xx

I was on 50mg while preg w my son. He was born 8lb4oz healthy. Currently still taking it with this pregnancy

I was given 50mg at 24 weeks for depression. It caused a bad long term side effect so at 28 weeks I was given the go-ahead to wean off it. So I did take it this pregnancy, and it helped with the depression. If I hadn't suffered some side effects I'd probably still be on it. That said, the depression never came back even though I was on them for such a short time.

Thank you ladies. 25mg is such a low dose, but I won't even take paracetamol when pregnant so any meds really sorry me. But I agree.. without it I can't sleep I have panic attacks all the time. Saying that.. My anxiety completely went away when I got pregnant last time.. so may be the case this time too. Im just scared to wean off..

I'm going to choose my words carefully here because I really scared the cr** out of the last person who asked this question. My sister works on the Zoloft lawsuit trials, and my mother has worked for pharmaceutical companies for far too long), so I just feel like I know way too much and get way too worried about medications. I, personally, would try to wean off... You're taking an incredibly low dosage, but if you could TRY to slowly wean off and see how you feel and work from there, it'd be worth a shot. If you start getting panic attacks or feel terrible, I would go ahead and keep taking the 25mg dosage. The vast majority of babies turn out just perfectly!

I'm going to choose my words carefully here because I really scared the cr** out of the last person who asked this question. My sister works on the Zoloft lawsuit trials, and my mother has worked for pharmaceutical companies for far too long), so I just feel like I know way too much and get way too worried about medications. I, personally, would try to wean off... You're taking an incredibly low dosage, but if you could TRY to slowly wean off and see how you feel and work from there, it'd be worth a shot. If you start getting panic attacks or feel terrible, I would go ahead and keep taking the 25mg dosage. The vast majority of babies turn out just perfectly!

I totally understand your perspective.. I really do. I am an attorney in the medical device & pharma industry AND have been on an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds for 10 years. There are ALWAYS risks with any medical intervention... and really, any choice that you make. You really have to just do your own research, draw your own conclusions, and make an informed decision for yourself... weighing the potential risks of continuing to take Zoloft with the benefit of feeling "normal." You have to be the healthiest mama that you can be to grow a healthy baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->