Sertraline

fairy_gem

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm taking Sertraline for OCD rather than depression, I beat depression earlier this year. I am 2 weeks in on 50mg and feel rotten, I feel so miserable/angry/sad/tearful/hopeless etc, all the feelings I remember having with depression. I have read online that these kind of tablets can make you feel this way at the start, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced it and how long it lasts?. Also, I am having the dosage increased regularly until I reach the highest dose, my first increase will be in 2 weeks, after each increase will I get all these horrible feelings back again?.

Thanks

:flower:

Have you called your doctor to ask? Maybe they can advise what is "common" for this type of medication-- ? Sorry I have no advise, I do hope it's sorted out soon. I would *think* that over time, once you've gotten used to it- the side affect would be less not more... but I really don't know. Just from what friends have told me that are on different kinds of anxiety/depression meds... but obviously this is for something different.

Hugs :hugs:

Have you called your doctor to ask? Maybe they can advise what is "common" for this type of medication-- ? Sorry I have no advise, I do hope it's sorted out soon. I would *think* that over time, once you've gotten used to it- the side affect would be less not more... but I really don't know. Just from what friends have told me that are on different kinds of anxiety/depression meds... but obviously this is for something different.

Hugs :hugs:

Thank you.

I'm waiting to see my doctor in 2 weeks to ask him.

Im on 50mg for Anxiety.

to be honest, i didnt have any problems (or noticed anything) for ages.
Literally took 6 months for it to have an effect, thats exactly what the doctor said it would take to work.

2 weeks in? im reckoning it may just be your normal emotional side.
(i dont mean to be rude or anything! consult with your doc, but stick at it!)
x

Im on 50mg for Anxiety.

to be honest, i didnt have any problems (or noticed anything) for ages.
Literally took 6 months for it to have an effect, thats exactly what the doctor said it would take to work.

2 weeks in? im reckoning it may just be your normal emotional side.
(i dont mean to be rude or anything! consult with your doc, but stick at it!)
x

Thank you. I really don't think it's just my normal emotions as I had been super happy after beating depression previous to taking them. Will stick at it though and talk to my GP.

I know this is an old post now but wondering how you got on? I was on 50mg and still felt pretty crappy (mood wise) so doctor upped it and now I'm on 100mg but I feel awful. I feel so nauseous, haven't had a period for 2 months, boobs are killing me, honestly thought I could be pg as I feel so rough but all tests negative. Doctor said it shouldn't be making me feel like this but I reckon it must be the reason. Must add*despite all I've just said my*mood is now slightly improved.

Did your dose get increased and how are you feeling now? X

I've been on Sertraline 100mg for years for depression and OCD and chose to come off of it when I found out I was pregnant. My GP wasn't very helpful when talking about pregnancy and medication and I felt it was safer for my baby based on how unhelpful the GP was. And my partner and my mum can tell when I'm starting to feel down, which is the important bit.
But I had to see a ante-natal psychologist (I think she was) at 28 weeks? and they told me because of the medication, the baby would need an injection of something because she would quickly get withdrawals from not getting the medication through the placenta. No one had told me this! And that she would slowly get weaned off the Sertraline through breastfeeding.
They did say that Sertraline was the best anti-depressant to be on when pregnant and breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->