severe heartburn!

jenniferannex

Reaction score
im 38 weeks pregnant and have suffered with heartburn since the beginning of my pregnancy, but the past couple of nights it has been so bad its been waking me up in the middle of the night, like now! and i cant sleep and nothing helps it, i thought because my baby has dropped and theres less pressure up top that the heartburn would of lessened and got better, any reason for this? or has anyone had the same where it got worse towards the end? :wacko:

Yep, my heartburn and reflux have become progressively worse. The only things that help are milk and Gaviscon :)

its terrible i hope it goes away after shes here! ive just had 2 glasses of milk and still feel awful! im so tired but just cant sleep! :cry:

Have you got any antacids, such as Gaviscon?

yeh i have the liquid gaviscon and the tablet ones and they do help, but 10 minutes later its back! :cry: ahh i wish baby was here now! lol

I feel your pain. Have been awake since 1.30am with heartburn. I'm exhausted and really want to sleep but its making me feel so sick. Usually a mug of warm milk does the trick but not tonight...

x x x

do you feel any better at all when you're sitting up? I find some nights I have to fall asleep on a recliner so that at least I can burp without fluid coming up (TMI sorry) - I don't sleep as well as I do lying in bed... but it's better than nothing :(

hope you get some relief!

My heartburn also got way worse at the end! From about 20 weeks on I had it every night, and the closer I got to 40 weeks, the longer it lasted and the more intense it became.

VANILLA ICE CREAM!! It works sooo well to soothe it.

I've been getting dreadful HB and acid reflux lately and it's sooo uncomfortable, plus i can only ever eat about a quarter of what's on my plate or i'm hidiously bloated and the acid reflux just goes into overdrive. Try boiled sweets, they sometimes help me. Maybe try something like cough candy twist. I personally like bonfire toffee, or those little old fashioned black bullet things. They don't taste great but they may work for you.

Hi guys mine got so bad I had to go to docs and I'm on ratadine ? It's like Zantac take it twice a day and it works winders xxx

cursed myself... 3:00am and wide awake with a burning chest... *sigh*

I sympathise! I had it bad with DD and its started to wake me up in the night now too (am 26wks tomorrow!)... all I can suggest is ice cream ice cream ice cream!

Iv never had heartburn in my life until I got pregnant, then when I got it i thought I was dying lol Since I got to about 30 weeks preg it has steadily got worse. My doc gave me Gaviscon Advance and I just drink it like water lol I also carry Gaviscon Cool tablets in my bag. I get relief for about 10 15 minutes then it kicks in again. I have started to get slush puppies from the shop, and cause its like drinking pure ice it seems to soothe the feelin I get in my chest. Bit awkward to get it at 3 in the morning but every time the ice cream man comes past my house I run out and get some lol My neighbours and friends think Im insane drinking ice drinks in this weather lol

yeh i have the gaviscon tablets and they work for a good 20 mins then they come back again, and i do sit up sometimes but i can never get comfy and im so tired i just wanna sleep! lol! but thanks for your help people i tried the ice cream thing today and it really helped! its great now i have an exscuse to eat ice cream more often! :happydance:

know the feeling, i woke up crying last night coz it was making me sick!!

I've got some antacid stuff from the docs which works a treat, it targets the acid a lot better than gaviscon and is literally instant. I was just so tired last night i didnt take any before i went to bed.

Shall be making sure i have it tonite!!

see u havent got long left but it might be worth gettin something diff to gaviscon? get a few good nights sleep while u can! :) x

I've had it since day one, but the last couple of weeks has seen it become almost unbearable!! I had to get up 3 times last night for gaviscon/milk, then woke up at 6am and it got so bad I had to bring a wastepaper basket in to put beside the bed- I was on the verge of throwing up for about 3 hours it got so bad! Think I'm def gonna have to get to the doc's, it really is bad now.

I've had really bad acid reflux from about 30 weeks. It had subsided when I hit term and that was when I noticed that my bump and dropped so I thought...wahey! But unfortunately it wasn't to last. The acid has come back with vengeance.

The weird thing is that I will have my dinner round about 7-8pm and then will not go to bed until 12am. At about 2-3am is when I get that burning sensation at the back of my throat and can feel the acid bubbling up. So a good 6-7 hours after I have eaten!

I bought Zantac today as the tums weren't cutting it. I get it so bad that it literally feels like acid is shooting out of my face and it wakes me up in a panic. Zantac has been the only thing that helps me and it's okay to take when pregnant... I finally gave in since I only have 11 days left I want to be able to somewhat sleep again. I am already up to pee all the time, in so much pain now from SPD I can hardly walk etc...and I can at least get rid of the heart burn lol... only thing I can control right now!

Gaviscon dont even help me and im only 32 week :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->